Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gardai parking in loading bay

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 dooardbhoy

Had a similar problem, parked in loading bay to grab a quick breakfast and was given a ticket by a guard who had been in for his breakfast also. I know I shouldn't have parked there bit its double standards. Got a ticket for parking on the lip of a kerb across from my house yet a well known taoiseach can park his mercedez on the whole pavement outside his constituency office blicking prams, wheelchairs theres more double standards I have pics of that one, one rule for one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

RoverJames wrote: »
    Gorging themselves on a big fry is hardly on duty, they are clocked in but on a break, admittedly they may be forced to leave their grub unfinished if they are required to attend an emergency. Given the response time whenever I have rang them I reckon they must get second helpings in such scenarios.
    Listen ..dont try to justify the behaviour of the Gardai on here..we all know at least one, we all know what they get up to.....you're wasting your time..:rolleyes: ..
    That's a good point, driving after drinking is the one that p's me off big style, disgrace really. And dropping their girlfriends / random tramps home in the bacon wagons, that's a right good way to use state resources. Not to mention the way the ones on the streets in the weekend small hours tend to get very scarce come nightclub closing time.
    sesna wrote: »
    They're not the only ones who may be needed quickly in an emergency. I have yet to see a fire engine or an ambulance sprawled across a few loading bay spots.

Holding mobile phones while drivng and speed-limits don't apply to Gardai either. They have advanced driving skills and can manage this safely unlike the rest of us.

Last month I saw a Garda getting into a drunken brawl in a well-known Dublin niteclub. When the bouncers moved in to remove him, several badges of his cohort were pulled until the bouncers moved away. I suppose that too had a legitimate reason and those Gardai were under-cover.
    It was breakfast not lunch apparently according to the OP, I spent a year on the road as a sales engineer, I rarely had the time to visit a restaurant for breakfast, if I did I would be late home. I find it hard to fathom how guards can visit the same restaurant five days a week if they are dedicated 100% to the job. For breakfast I typically have 2 slices of brown bread & a bowl of grapes with plain yoghurt, this morning I had two grilled sausages as well as It's Monday which I find quite depressing.

I would have loved to have popped out to a restaurant (there's one two 200 yards away) but I only get 15 minutes for morning break so I wouldn't have enough time.
    bagels wrote: »
    the vast majority of gardai i see nowadays are very young compared to the age profile of members a decade or so ago;
    it can be argued that this is a good thing in that a younger force is fitter and thus better able to fight crime;
    however, i believe that the scarcity of older, more mature members is having a very detrimental effect on the force;
    the old sweats had a stabilising influence on the young turks but in their absence the young bucks seem to have lost the run of themselves and appear to be a law unto themselves;
    sad really that such a fine community service has deteriorated into a rabble.
    The Celtic Tiger hit the guards hard I reckon, at the height of the boom it wasn't seen as an attractive option. Many of the force now don't have much of a physical presence at all, coupled with all the rest of the issues, it ain't good.

Lads, it's patently obvious to me that this isn't a Motoring thread at all, just a good old Garda-bashing thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement