Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible cure for cancer found

Options
  • 08-02-2010 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,26677869-23272,00.html
    Dr Gordon said a single dose injection of the extract, known as EBC-46, had been effective in 50 critically ill dogs and about a dozen cats and horses.
    "This is proving to be something exceptional," she said.
    "The tumour literally liquefies.
    "There is a rapid knock-down of the tumour, it disintegrates within 24 hours and we have a rapid healing response.
    "The biggest tumour we treated was the size of a Coke can in a dog, and that animal is fully healed and healthy."
    Dr Gordon said it had worked on skin cancers, such as carcinomas and melanomas, and bone cancer, and was a possible treatment for breast, colon and prostate cancer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Oh if only this was found a few years ago :D

Hopefully this isn't another one of them breakthroughs that fails to materialise.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

i wouldnt hold your hopes, as promising as this is these are still animal trials and a lot of the time when these trials hit humans they more commonly then not fail through advers reactions or have no effect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

If it sounds too good to be true...then it probably is!

This is not the first such claim and it probably won't be the last. If this was really that good, then it would already have made headline news in the Cancer world, rather than the venture capital world.

I'll see if I can find any supporting references in mainstream Cancer research.

- Prostate Cancer survivor.

Advertisement