Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Levels on the Royal Canal @ Maynooth

• 08-02-2010 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Over the last few weeks and in fact since the ice melted on the canal I've noticed the water levels on the Royal Canal at Maynooth train station getting progressively lower. Today, 08/02/2010, the levels are the lowest I've ever seen. Yet further up the canal at Leixlip for example the water levels seem normal. I know canals are affected by tides however this seems to be an isolated phenomenon. Thoughts?:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

The lock gate could be open more than usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

There is some work going on at the first lock down stream from Maynooth. The area is cordoned off with tape and there have been diggers coming and going. I haven't been walking down there since they started but from the train it looks like the gates are completely open/removed to allow them to work on it

Advertisement