Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regeneration Degeneration.

Options
  • 08-02-2010 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Well that was fun while it lasted.

- Can anyone in the know please summarise briefly what was actually done, or achieved so far?

Bet its a short list......

Willie O'Dea reckons its not a problem as Private Companies are going to pay for it...... So in a few years time we will have Limericks newest Estates - Aviva Gardens and O2 Park :eek:

- Alternatively the whole lot might be paid for by the Umbrella Corporation with a subsequent name change to Raccoon City.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Raiser wrote: »

- Can anyone in the know please summarise briefly what was actually done, or achieved so far?

Willie O'Dea reckons its not a problem as Private Companies are going to pay for it...... So in a few years time we will have Limericks newest Estates - Aviva Gardens and O2 Park :eek:

- Alternatively the whole lot might be paid for by the Umbrella Corporation with a subsequent name change to Raccoon City.

You trying to say that there are mutated creatures about the place? ;) I'll be keeping an eye out for Wesker now.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

The Tackie Corporation.

I am not sure the T Virus would work very well on them though, sure it wouldnt be noticeable.
    It might make Anto's eyebrows prehensile or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Parts of Limerick already look like a zombie apocalypse has run through there, whats one more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Raiser wrote: »

They got to blow €25 million, end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

They met the criminal gangs, they hired their relatives, they knocked a couple of houses, and blew a ****load of taxpayers money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

All 7 members of this regeneration committee got company cars, 1 even for his wife, huge expense accounts which make Fas look like amateurs, and each of them had a lunch allowance of something like 250-300 euro a week. Plus a local person involved in running an education establishment in the city was made a director and got a company jeep. The media picked up on none of this. Regeneration is a joke, and the people involved just lined their own pockets the same way w*nkers running Nama are doing. Sure they met the criminal gangs too. Big deal. They offered them nice houses with room for their horses if they'd f*ck off. And that tool who ran regeneration out of watchhouse cross originally said on 95fm these people were going to be moved out of their council houses to temporary secure accomodation. i.e. hostels. What a joke. Complete lies. But this is par for the course in this country which is a fuc*in joke, full of self interest groups who enrich themselves at joe publics expense, full of corruption, lies and coverups. I'm glad I'm leaving. Good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Hey Flaccus thanks for that - I've a feeling its all very accurate unfortunately.

Can you please provide some more thorough detail and an idea of your sources so we can mail a few Newspaper Editors?

- Its the sort of story that People would be very interested to read once they have scanned their slim or non-existent Payslips in the current harsh climate........

Limerick Regeneration - Starting with new 4X4's and 2 hour steak lunches for me and my fat face, thieving Mates :mad:

I expect that soon enough they'll be called to account for their spending and progress so far and there will be a lot of squirming and spluttering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Yes. Accurate indeed. I know someone personally working in the offices but not in an executive or managerial capacity. I would have to talk to them first before mentioning their name. Initially I didn't believe the stories, but I have since heard the same information from someone totally unrelated to regeneration. Where there's smoke there' fire I guess. I have a feeling these scumbags will get away with it though. No point in naming and shaming individuals on this public forum though as that would result in an instant banning I'm sure.

I've a strong enough instinct that any Editor worth their salt would be very interested in your story.

- I'd also assume that it could be passed forward without yourself or your Friend having to stick ye're necks out in any sense...

A Freedom of Information request would probably expose 95% of their Limerick Regeneration meets MTV Cribs style plans anyhow ;)

Edit - Found the below on a random search - Not sure how in-date it is, but certainly lots of scope......

Comment Line Contacts:

RTE 1

Today with Pat Kenny - 10am Monday to Friday
    Email todaypk@rte.ie
    Text 51551
    Phone 1850 715 900

Liveline - 1.45pm Monday to Friday
    Email joe@rte.ie or liveline@rte.ie
    Text 51551
    Phone 1850 715 815 or 208 3264 or 208 2980

Drivetime - 5pm Monday to Friday
    Email drivetime@rte.ie
    Phone 1850 715 105

Tonight with Vincent Browne - 10pm Monday to Thursday
    Email tonightvb@rte.ie
    Text 087 627 2222
    Phone 1850 715 150

Saturday View - 1.05pm on Saturdays
    Email saturdayview@rte.ie
    Phone 1850 715 105

Today FM

The Last Word with Matt Cooper - 4.30pm Monday to Friday
    Email lastword@todayfm.com
    Text 087 4100102

Newstalk

Life with Orla Barry - 9am Monday to Friday
    Email life@newstalk.ie
    Phone 644 511 or 1890 453 106

Lunchtime with Eamon Keane - 12.30pm Monday to Friday
    Phone 1890 453 106

The Right Hook - 4.30pm Monday to Friday
    Email therighthook@newstalk.ie
    Phone 6445103 or 1890 453 106

Irish Times Newspaper

Geraldine Kennedy Editor gkennedy@irish-times.ie or editor@irish-times.ie
    Willy Clingan (News Editor) wclingan@irish-times.ie
    Vincent Browne vbrowne@irish-times.ie
    Fintan O'Toole fotoole@irish-times.ie

The Irish Examiner

Irish Examiner Newsdesk news@examiner.ie, gailb@examiner.com

Star Newsdesk

news@the-star.ie - dave.o’connell@the-star.ie - catherine.halloran@the-star.ie

Irish Independent

News Editor Phillip Molloy pmolloy@unison.independent.ie
    Chris Glennon (Chief Pol Cor) cglennon@unison.independent.ie
    Gene McKenna (Pol Cor) gmckenna@unison.independent.ie
    Geraldine Collins (Pol Cor) gcollins@unison.independent.ie

Evening Herald

Gerard O'Regan (Editor) goregan@unison.independent.ie
    Martin Brennan (News Editor) mbrennan@unison.independent.ie

Sunday Indo

Willie Kealy (Deputy News Ed) wkealy@unison.independent.ie
    Jody Corcoran (Pol Editor) jcorcoran@unison.independent.ie

* Again may be viciously out of date in some cases.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Advertisement