Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shops that trade

Options
  • 08-02-2010 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

Hi, i have a Nikon f80, battery grip, kit lens and a sigma telezoom. I was going to try and sell it but i was thinking maybe it would be easier to just swap it for a 2nd hand lens in a camera shop. Just wondering what shops would do this, i saw a few things on Conns website, Birminghams list their used gear too but didnt see anything of interest. I think Dublin camera exchange have used stuff, any other ideas?? Also would Camera shops want to swap like this or would they give me very little for the stuff in relation to what i could sell it for (which is think is very little anyway..)

Rowan
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

you're probably better off putting it up on adverts or EBay or something than trade it in or sell it to one of the shops. There's a bit of a resurgence in interest in film cameras at the moment on this very board (although the F80 might be a little too modern for them :D) so you might get a reasonable price. Check what they're selling for on EBay (completed listings) and then stick it up on adverts with an extra 50%. Then when someone makes an offer of 50% under you can accept something close and everyone ends up happy*.

*at least this seems to be the only reason for the inflated prices I see on adverts for stuff, and the subsequent sale prices :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭nonsequitir

Selling privately is a much better idea as there's a VAT implication with a transactional sale/purchase and you'd just lose out. Try adverts.ie then ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

Cool, thanks for the advice.

Advertisement