Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TX-P50G10L - €999

• 08-02-2010 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Just spotted that Alliance Electric are doing this for €999 now. I've been thinking about going for the V10 for a while now, but at this price, I'm not sure that the V10 is worth the considerable premium.

What do you's think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

I have just bought one of these. Still in the box, haven't set it up yet.

Expert Electrical are selling them at this price aswell. Reduced from 1700 euro. For some reason the 46" is till more expensive at 1400 euro.

Rang around and spoke to a few different shops & they all said it was a good TV. Spoke to a sales guy in a shop in Armagh and he said there wasn't much difference between the G10 and V10 (TBH I don't know much about the V10 so I can't really comment).

The main reason I got the 50" was because I just got in Sky HD and I wasn't happy with the HD picture on my 32".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

i bought a 50" g10 as well. i would have liked a V10 but its not worth the extra money over the G10 especially now with the price reduction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

The V10 is worth the extra over the G10. You get THX viewing mode which ensures accurate gamma and out-of-the-box picture accuracy. To get that on the G10 you would need to have it professionally calibrated. The V10 also looks much better. If you have the extra cash then it's a no-brainer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

im not denying that the v10 is better than the g10. the g10 now sells for €999. whereas the v10 is ~€1900.... the V10 is better, but its not almost 100% better (like the price would suggest)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 the_vick

I reckon I'll take a trip to the shop and have a look at it in the flesh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭F.Galway

I recently got the G10 but I'm having a slight problem when i turn the tv on and start watching ntl through there seems to be a slight colour rentention, no reds are present and general lack of other colours. It goes away after several minutes though.Is anyone else having this problem?

Advertisement