Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

National Intermediate/Masters Cross Country 21/02/10

• 08-02-2010 12:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭

Not long till this race, cross country is back!, Anyone know anything about the course ( Lough Key Forest Park, Boyle), or whos running, Watched this from the sidelines last year, was a cracking run from Sean Hehir in the Inters to win. Im sure the standard will be as high as ever, hopefully the relatively central location will ensure a good turnout.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭aburke

Hi Brutes [what happened to your old account?]
    I'm in.
    15mm spikes ready to go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

The lads may need 18mm spikes by the sound of things, lots of races on before hand ! I make it 13 races before the mens inter ....(Dunno aburke where its gone)

Map of loughkey, not the course map!

http://www.loughkey.ie/documents/loughkey.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

Looking at that map, last year the races (all juvenile) were in the open space adjacent to the viewing tower. As a result of heavy overnight rain, and a burst watermain, the field was adorned with water features;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'm game for giving this one a go... do we have a Boards AC team for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

brutes1 wrote: »
    Not long till this race, cross country is back!, Anyone know anything about the course ( Lough Key Forest Park, Boyle), or whos running, Watched this from the sidelines last year, was a cracking run from Sean Hehir in the Inters to win. Im sure the standard will be as high as ever, hopefully the relatively central location will ensure a good turnout.
    train there all the time , perfect location , course is flat and ground not too bad to run on as far as cross country races go , they used to have a hill round the tower but since the park was developed thats gone.
    A local commitee were measuring the course 2 weeks ago , bout 7/8 of them , i think they are anxious to get distance accurate because of the confusion in coleraine , think also they are trying to get a 1500m loop measured , will be a bit of a stretch !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mrak

Hi - what's the story on o35s - thought they weren't vets this year but have seen some forms with them classed as vets. (trying to get out of the longer intermediate race if I can at all ;P)

Link to the rules

Still V35 per this for Masters - 7k !!

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/masters-cross-country-2010.pdf

You could always run the inter though, im sure theres no rules against it if your V35 plus??

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭runnerboy

i contacted the aai and they say that the 0/35 rule stays in place until congress meets in april and even then it has to be passed by majority vote to scrap this age group. i know which i am running 7km all the way. should be a good race peter matthews is 0/40, morwood from belfast pauric mckinney, colin roberts and mick traynor and i heard barry minnock could be eligible for the 0/35s.

Wouldnt blame you for runnin 7k not 10k in the muck!. Masters last year was a great race between Morwood and Mckinney, most of the top 20 masters would still beat the young lads hands down, its probably right to move the category back to over 40 long term though. Anyone willing to forecast the intermediates??

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭runnerboy

its a case of who is eligible for the intermediate. i think rory chesser is eligible but he might have won a medal on the track. think mike mulhare is eligible as he hasnt a senior vest so would be the favourite. sergio cibanu is eligible as he only won a marathon title so would be in the mix. scullion could from the north if he runs. theres always a surprise entrant because no one knows until race day who is eligible and running. tom fitzpatrick could be an outsider for the title. any other ideas who will race

• Advertisement

Id say a lot of last years top 20 are still eligible plus the likes of mulhare and coughlan ?? , very strong field up the front usually,

last years results
    link
    http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/Intermediate%20Men%20XC09.pdf

Anyone have a course map/lap maps yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭surfjunky

Great (if cold) weather for this race yesterday, distance was well short though, I'd paced myself for a 10k but I'd say it was 2 if not 3k short. Bit of confusion too regarding how many big laps were required, one official was calling out 7 more laps after the first, which wasn't accurate. To be honest though it didn't make too much difference to me as I was just hanging on for dear life after the first two laps. That long slow up hill was a killer but enjoyed bailing down the other side! That activity centre was great for a pre-race performance enhancing coffee! Glorious location overlooking the lakes. Some good pics of race on racepix365 http://www.racepix.com/National-Intermediate-XC/racephotos/221/

Advertisement