Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Story for Cat Lovers

Options
  • 08-02-2010 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Just wanted to share this with all cat/animal lovers here!
    My father who has been a great animal lover all his life, was recently released from hospital after more treatment for cancer. He was established in a room downstairs, close to the bathroom with televison and all. What was missing? The cat, a far from cuddly and affectionate neighbourhood-share- cat saw it immediately and appropriated a corner in his bed that he won't leave. When the nurse came to check for the first time the elderly parents got into a tizzy. They assumed the nurse wouldn't approve of a cat in an invalid's bed and hid the cat for the duration of the visit... Well. I think the companionship and comfort of the cat by far outweighs hygiene concerns!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Thats nice. I think it's been proven that a cats purr can bring about a calming effect in people. I know when I'm upset or sick I feel so much calmer when the cats jump up beside me for a cuddle. I think animals know when a person is ill and they tend to be extra nice.

My gran had a terrier who went for every man who walked into her house. One day she just stopped going for one of my uncles (in law). She was actually pretty nice to him. A source of amazement to anybody who knew her. A few months later the uncle was diagnoised with diabetes, got treatment and as soon as he was better, the dog started attacking him again. :D

I hope your father is on the road to recovery and that the friendship he's getting from the ordinarily less than friendly cat is a source of comfort to him and your family.

Advertisement