Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sarah Palin farewell address - poem

Options
  • 08-02-2010 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the name of the poem Sarah Palin recited at her farewell address?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

What poem?

Here's the text of the address and here's the text of the previous resignation speech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Stella777

William Shatner turned her speech into a Beat poem. Is that what you meant?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭censuspro

Stella777 wrote: »
    William Shatner turned her speech into a Beat poem. Is that what you meant?

I thought she was quoting another poet when she as referring to the "great one". Maybe I'm wrong, can anyone clarify?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Stella777

censuspro wrote: »
    I thought she was quoting another poet when she as referring to the "great one". Maybe I'm wrong, can anyone clarify?
    Well, I grew up partly in Fairbanks and remember learning in school that the word Denali means "The Great One" in a Native American dialect. I assume she was referring to Mt. Denali, the tallest peak in North America, which is located in between Fairbanks and Anchorage. This mountain is also known as Mt. McKinley.

At least that's what I think she means, but who really knows what goes on inside her brain?

Advertisement