Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need tyre fixed Dublin 18 area

• 08-02-2010 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭

I think I'm getting a slow puncture on one of my wheels. I checked the tyre pressures about 2 or 3 weeks ago and the right rear was quite low. I inflated it but noticed on Saturday past that it was quite soft looking again. I went and checked the tyre pressures yesterday again and sure enough, the pressure was down to between 10 and 15.

I'm going to keep an eye on it but I suspect it may be a slow puncture. I'm wondering where abouts in Dublin 18 I can go to get it fixed? I know there's a tyre place in Stillorgan beside the Texaco. I also found a place online called FastFit in Goatstown. But I don't know if they fix punctures or if they just fit new tyres.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

could be the valve or is there a nail or anything in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Alot of places that fit tyres would do repair also. Squarefit in Tallaght do it for a tenner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

There's a place here: http://maps.google.com/?q=53.272861,-6.228095 (if you zoom in on satellite you can even see what appears to be all the old tyres :P actually, the shed to the right of the mound of tyres seems to have a few tyres keeping the roof on haha)

They were one of the only places I could find who would fit a tyre bought online and they did it at the best price too. I'm sure they can fix punctures too, give them a ring, they are either called Sandyford tyre Centre or Dundrum tyre centre, or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭fasterkitten

The Advance Pitstop near the Silver Tassie is quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

If you've been driving around on a tyre with that low pressure theres a good chance the tyrewall may be damaged..dont be suprised if they tell you you need a new one...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

If you've been driving around on a tyre with that low pressure theres a good chance the tyrewall may be damaged..dont be suprised if they tell you you need a new one...

Balls. How much is a new tyre?

In fairness, I check the tyres every day before I get into the car to see if any look soft. So it wasn't like I was driving around for days or weeks with low pressure.

Balls. How much is a new tyre?

In fairness, I check the tyres every day before I get into the car to see if any look soft. So it wasn't like I was driving around for days or weeks with low pressure.

You said you were driving for 2/3 weeks with it soft....:confused:

Anyways....depending on the car or tyres fitted it might not be too dear...they might have even a good s/hand tyre..dont be afraid to ask...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭remotesensor

I think I'm getting a slow puncture on one of my wheels. I checked the tyre pressures about 2 or 3 weeks ago and the right rear was quite low. I inflated it but noticed on Saturday past that it was quite soft looking again. I went and checked the tyre pressures yesterday again and sure enough, the pressure was down to between 10 and 15.

I'm going to keep an eye on it but I suspect it may be a slow puncture. I'm wondering where abouts in Dublin 18 I can go to get it fixed? I know there's a tyre place in Stillorgan beside the Texaco. I also found a place online called FastFit in Goatstown. But I don't know if they fix punctures or if they just fit new tyres.

Any recommendations?

D.A. Autostore fix tyres for a tenner. Its on the Murphystown road, just off the roundabout at Sandyford hall.

You said you were driving for 2/3 weeks with it soft....:confused:

Anyways....depending on the car or tyres fitted it might not be too dear...they might have even a good s/hand tyre..dont be afraid to ask...;)

Yeah sorry I might have been a little inaccurate. A few weeks ago I checked the tyre pressures and noticed the right rear didn't have enough pressure. I'd say it had about 20 psi or less. I inflated it then and it's been grand since but on Saturday evening I noticed the tyre looked quite soft. I look at the tyres every day but hadn't noticed the back right that much.

Anyway I've found a place nearby that I'm going to that will fix it for a tenner. That is, assuming, that I don't need a new tyre!

So I went to the garage place to get my tyre checked. I said to the guy that I thought it may be a slow puncture as I've had to increase the pressure twice in the past 2-3 weeks, but that it hadn't been completely flat at any stage.

They took the car in and the fella came back and said it was just the valve that needed to be replaced and there was no charge! So Happy Days :)

That 100 euro that I took out of the bank for buying a potential new tyre is thankfully still in my wallet. :)

• Advertisement

That 100 euro that I took out of the bank for buying a potential new tyre is thankfully still in my wallet. :)

Thats why i put up the worse case scenario...its nice when things work out....

Stick some in a Haiti fund....;)

Advertisement