Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athiest Evangelising?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Dim

strobe wrote: »
    Just a wild stab in the dark here Glenster, but you wouldn't be of the opinion that "Evolution Theory Is Error" by any chance?

is that thought in schools? (Evolution Theory)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭DogmaticLefty

What's this? Atheists on a mission to spread their good news? Yet another blow to the dogma that "atheism is not a religion".

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

What's this? Atheists on a mission to spread their good news? Yet another blow to the dogma that "atheism is not a religion".

I just thought I'd like to congratulate you on your infinite wisdom and bravery.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Yah, atheists on a mission to spread their good news....

to anyone who happens to choose to read the A&A forum?! :confused:

Malty_T wrote: »
    I just thought I'd like to congratulate you on your infinite wisdom and bravery.:pac:

I mean, the cheek of a Catholic posting in the atheist forum. Thanks for your warm-heartedness.

• Advertisement

I mean, the cheek of a Catholic posting in the atheist forum. Thanks for your warm-heartedness.

Oh your welcome. Anytime. Now, please feel free to read the content of this thread and perhaps understand what atheism actually is.:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    As far as we're concerned you do disbelieve in purple bananas.
    I'm inexplicably reminded of Ray Comfort.

Your opening line veils more than one insult and then to try to infer Malty's friendly jibe re the inevitable reaction to your post as being cold-hearted or has something to do with your religion is just more of the same self-righteous nonsense.

Seriously, if you want warm-hearted welcomes, insulting those that post on this forum is a pretty stupid way to go about it. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I also spread the good news of Omega 3 as a treatment for Crohn's disease

That must mean Omega 3 (fish oil) is a religion now :rolleyes:

Your opening line veils more than one insult and then to try to infer Malty's friendly jibe re the inevitable reaction to your post as being cold-hearted or has something to do with your religion is just more of the same self-righteous nonsense.

Seriously, if you want warm-hearted welcomes, insulting those that post on this forum is a pretty stupid way to go about it. :rolleyes:

I love the implicit assumption that I'm trying to "insult" you. It's as if there's some spontaneous reflex inside your brain that invokes itself on the smell of a Christian.

I'm merely pointing out the irony that atheists have to adopt many of the strategies the world's greatest religions use in order to spread their good news. So atheism bears yet another hall-mark of religion.

• Advertisement

Wicknight wrote: »
    I also spread the good news of Omega 3 as a treatment for Crohn's disease

Unless your in advertising, what would be the point of that? (both fish oil and atheism) lol

I'm merely pointing out the irony that atheists have to adopt many of the strategies the world's greatest religions use in order to spread their good news. So atheism bears yet another hall-mark of religion.

Please take at least 30 mins of your time to read the thread before posting another comment.
    Trust me, I giving you sound advice here.

Unless your in advertising, what would be the point of that? (both fish oil and atheism) lol

Oh I don't know, to help ease the suffering of others?

I suppose if it doesn't involve the suffering of little boys though you aren't interested, being a good Catholic and all that ;)

Oh I don't know, to help ease the suffering of others?

I suppose if it doesn't involve the suffering of little boys though you aren't interested, being a good Catholic and all that ;)

Of course the society that you subscribe to (and pay taxes towards) never laid a hand on a child.

Of course the society that you subscribe to (and pay taxes towards) never laid a hand on a child.

Wait, so you admit that Catholics are only interested in molesting children?

Wow, I didn't think it would be that easy to get you to confess ...

Wait, so you admit that Catholics are only interested in molesting children?

Wow, I didn't think it would be that easy to get you to confess ...

Good to know that atheists can do no harm. Must be down to their superiour powers of logic and reason.

Squirm tactics.

Is that what Catholics call it these days ... Christ, I didn't think you guys were so blatant about it...

Is that what Catholics call it these days ... Christ, I didn't think you guys were so blatant about it...

Given your insitent obfuscation, juvenille sniping and desire to wallow in the banal, I think I'll stay in familiar territory before considering venturing here again.

When you pull yourself together and want to engage in a meaningful discussion, pm me.

Given your insitent obfuscation, juvenille sniping and desire to wallow in the banal, I think I'll stay in familiar territory before considering venturing here again.

When you pull yourself together and want to engage in a meaningful discussion, pm me.

Ah come on, stay... you might actually come to understand atheism. Wicky's having a torrid time debating a creationist who claims infallible honesty and your initial post here wasn't really all that bright or informed and came across as condescending in nature. Especially, when what you said was discussed throughout this entire thread before you. If only you'd bother to read it...

Oh I'm sorry, we supposed to be having a "meaningful discussion"

I must have missed that part, though perhaps not surprisingly given the childish, argumentative and frankly pathetic series of posts you have contributed to this thread so far, showing a completely lack of respect for the other posters or the forum and a completely lack of willingness to read up on the thread you were joining.

I thought we were just throwing childish and pointless garbs at each other until you got frustrated and crawled back in the hole you came out of.

Silly me :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

crawled back in the hole you came out of.

Is that how you refer to the Christianity forum? Yes, the forum that you contribute to regularly... You're not a very tolerant person are you? I have a good memory and I will remember your comments (and your true colours) on here when engaging with you in future. You're not quite on my ignore list, but I'd say you could end up on it eventually if you keep up your prickly ways.

Enjoy the rest of your "discussion".

Is that how you refer to the Christianity forum?

No it's how he refers to trolls. Since you joined this thread it seems your sole purpose has been to flame atheists, hardly an engaging or amiable nature.

Is that how you refer to the Christianity forum? Yes, the forum that you contribute to regularly... You're not a very tolerant person are you? I have a good memory and I will remember your comments (and your true colours) on here when engaging with you in future. You're not quite on my ignore list, but I'd say you could end up on it eventually if you keep up your prickly ways.

Your ability to take such umbrage with the manner in which anyone else concludes discourse with your insulting, negative and frankly appallingly ignorant statements is really quite staggering. If you have nothing positive, intelligent or even accurate to contribute to the thread then why bother posting? You deliberately posted inflammatory garbage without reading the thread or, indeed, even being aware of half the terminology you are using actually means - and then you feign hurt and injury when you are answered in the same manner you posted. The hypocrisy is staggering. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

A discussion which was interrupted by your first post here:

Could you have had any more pre-conceptions coming in here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

Dades wrote: »
    Could you have had any more pre-conceptions coming in here?

chandler.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

And I thought Galvasean's avatar was one too many "Friends" reminders...

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭mjg

I must say that I admire the patience of both posters and mods on this forum wrt trolls. It's great to see a troll disappear (albeit after much ducking and diving) in the face of consistent rationalism.

If only fundamentalists and creationists followed the same trend in the real world.

Dades wrote: »
    And I thought Galvasean's avatar was one too many "Friends" reminders...

Jebus, I'm slow! I only just realised who it was in Galva's avatar.:o
    Also, I think it's time I got me own standard Yoshi avatar in place (Yoshi is everywhere malty registers on the net.:))

Edit : Well that sucks there's no yoshi avatar. Sig will have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Malty_T wrote: »
    Jebus, I'm slow! I only just realised who it was in Galva's avatar.:o
    Also, I think it's time I got had me own standard Yoshi avatar in place (I always choose Yoshi everywhere I go on the net.:))

Same. I just thought "aaaahh.....dinosaur guy, right...":p

• Advertisement

Malari wrote: »
    Same. I just thought "aaaahh.....dinosaur guy, right...":p

Oh God! I just realised the dinosaur connection.:eek:
    *hides in shame*
    :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement