Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curry's 'tech guys'

Options
  • 08-02-2010 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

When I saw their repairmen referred as above on the website I knew I was doomed and so I turned out.

I purchased a Kenwood dishwasher from Currys in Mahon Point, Cork last August which began to leak in early January.After a month negotiating with Curry's 'customer service' I still have a dismantled leaky dishwasher in my kitchen.

Highlights of my experiences included a very rude call centre lady who told me she didn't care two hoots if I never purchased from them again,computer which told me I had now 2 options, return main menu or HANG UP,'tech guy' who promised 2 weeks ago to return within 5 days with required part but hasn't been heard from since, an offer to obtain part by MARCH,the usual sorry list of broken promises,promised call backs not materializing, temporary amnesia.
    The last promise was to replace the dishwasher.Now apparently thay have authorizaton to replace but 'forgot' to deliver it.:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Solution = registered letter demanding immediate resolution and then off to small claims court.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Resolution is return of your money and they come collet their broken a$$ dishwasher and you go to an Irish retailer and purchase there.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Go to the store, and ask to speak to a manager. Describe the faults with the machine, what's been attempted so far and see what he says.

Under Consumer Law, if a product is defective, you are entitled to repair/replacement/refund. Both you and the retailer have to be in agreement on the option offered. If they attempt repair and it doesn't work, then you can reasonably persue one of other options.

Depending on what the manager says, let him know, both in person and by registered letter, than if the issue is not resolved within 10 working days that you will be taking a case in the Small Claims Court.

The key thing here is to be reasonable and give the Curry's manager a fair shot at resolving the issue. This will stand to you if the case goes to the SCC. It's also good karma :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Nah still prefer my option!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Resolution is return of your money and they come collet their broken a$$ dishwasher and you go to an Irish retailer and purchase there.

MC

What does whether or not the retailer is Irish have to do with anything?

• Advertisement
Advertisement