Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston Kickout

• 08-02-2010 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

If anyone is up and about watching TV Tues night /Wed morning at 12.55am, RTE are showing Boston Kickout a UK film that was partly shot in Waterford.

It stars a very young John Simm (Dr. Who / Life on Mars) Andrew Lincoln (Teachers / Love Actually) and a few other familiar faces. The Irish scenes were shot on the bridge / the quays, Alphonses Road and on a bus between Waterford and Wexford in late 1994 or early '95. John Simm was the only UK cast member that shot scenes here, but he's the most famous now. Might be worth it to see him cross the bridge and walk up Alphonses Road to his cousins house.

I havent seen it in years, and I remember the shoot being a bit of a mess They sent their equipment to Dublin, then lost all the footage they had shot here so had to come back and re-shoot it a few weeks later. It's prob aged very badly but might be worth a gander if you're up and about

Trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G29FcmxHvX0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Seen it - has a view from the train station and then a few terraced houses towards the end of the film. Think some Irish actress was in it and she goes home and one of the lads follows her to Waterford. Quite a violent film and yes it probably has aged badly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

The actress in it is trying to put on a waterford accent by saying boy after every sentence, gets a bit annoying after the 110th time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

I think the footage is of Redmond Bridge if my memory serves me right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

This brings me back! Saw this film about 13 or 14 years ago! I remember being totally suprised when I saw the Waterford scenes!

It is a violent movie alright. I think there's even a scene of John Simm having sex with his cousin in the toilets of an Irish pub somewhere!

Shame I missed it on TV. Might try and find it on the web somewhere. Would love to watch it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

meldrew. wrote: »
    I think the footage is of Redmond Bridge if my memory serves me right
    Yeah the footage is of rice bridge and alphonsus road.

• Advertisement
Advertisement