Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Lee resigns...

Options
  • 08-02-2010 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭

After hearing George Lee on RTE News today, he seems to me to be a bit of a whinger. As a newcomer to the Dail, he seems to have expected to walk straight into a high profile job and, now that he hasn't he's whingeing about it.

I feel sorry for him as it seems to be the reaction of a spoilt child.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

active thread on this in Politics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ballinatray

After hearing George Lee on RTE News today, he seems to me to be a bit of a whinger. As a newcomer to the Dail, he seems to have expected to walk straight into a high profile job and, now that he hasn't he's whingeing about it.

I feel sorry for him as it seems to be the reaction of a spoilt child.

It might interest you to know that a late poll on the afternoon show with 16000 responding in 10 mins, that 83% agreed with his decision..
    The tragedy for poor george is that he was childishly naive at the begining to imagine that action politics exists in Ireland...He is a man of principle who recognises only too well the perilious state of the economy and could not wait for gombeen politics...Hopefully the electorate will see this as an opportunity to demand more action from their elected reps, rather than the lethargy displayed in the midst of this economic tsunami...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

Why is he a whinger?

He expected action to repair Ireland, nothing happened and he has realized it is a complete waste of his time, so he left.

That's the opposite of a whinger, isn't it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement