Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Send George Lee to Washington!

Options
  • 08-02-2010 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

So George Lee has resigned from Fine Gael. He will be missed.

Let's send George to Washington to replace his old buddy Charlie Bird as RTE's Washington Correspondent.

He will spend a year there before joining the Democrats and landing a top post on Obama's team with special responsibility for saving the US from financial meltdown.

Charlie, meanwhile, will return to Dublin, resign from RTE and Fine Gael will announce he will be their candidate in the Dublin South bye-election.

Synchronicity was never so simple.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

George lee is an economist more than a presenter. I detect sour grapes in your post. If you want to send him anywhere send him to the ESRI as its clear the govt dont have a clue what to do next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

Yeah Washington is a sort of obvious option for Lee. I don't know what his plans are, or if the OP meant this thread in jest, but I'd quite like to see him reporting from Washington with a strong global economic slant.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

This isn't the wacky forum. It especially isn't the bad wacky forum.

There's another thread discussing the George Lee resignation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement