Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derry City.

Options
  • 08-02-2010 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi folks, does anyone know of a pub or bar in Derry City where I could watch the champions league football and also get a bit of reasonably priced grub.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Fat Al wrote: »
    Hi folks, does anyone know of a pub or bar in Derry City where I could watch the champions league football and also get a bit of reasonably priced grub.

Pretty much all the bars will have that match on and most serve food, it depends where in the town you are gonna be, are you getting a bus in? If so go for becketts just beside the bus station, if you are driving there is a pay for parking along the quay opposite the city hotel but i dont think you pay after 6, there is a bar called the ice wharf just around the corner from the hotel they do decent enough food and it is fairly cheap too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

:eek: Ice Wharf? Unless they've seriously improved their food in a big way since the last time I was there, I wouldn't recommend that place. Microwave meals and chips ahoy. There are loads of nice places in the vicinity for a decent bite to eat. Agree with you on the cheap drink though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Dun wrote: »
    :eek: Ice Wharf? Unless they've seriously improved their food in a big way since the last time I was there, I wouldn't recommend that place. Microwave meals and chips ahoy. There are loads of nice places in the vicinity for a decent bite to eat. Agree with you on the cheap drink though :D

I would have agreed with you until recently, i last ate there sometime in 2005 but they seem to have revamped their food menu the curries are lovely but for the price you are payin you can hardly expect gordon ramsey to pop out of the kitchen like

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rebelccfc

Don't pay for parking. Just park in the bogside. Its free and we always park the car there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

http://www.derrycitychat.com/

You'll have better luck there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Haven't gone on there, but hope it's worth him hanging around two-and-a-bit years waiting on it for :P

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement