Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you work, have a dog & a back garden in the Galway area?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

I like the original poster's idea of sharing the dog entertainment. When we are unable to be at home for at least lunchtime, we get Martina from Petpals to bring Mutt out for a walk. She's brilliant with animals, and even occasionally throws in a free groom and bath. But it's €15 a walk, and although she usually spends more than an hour with Mutt, this can work out expensive if we're away from home a lot for an extended period of time.

I'd take up the OP's offer, except that Mutt is very avoidant and stand-offish with young labradors and retrievers (breeds that I love) for some strange reason: it's probably because of size and energy mismatch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

I had a crate for my guy when he was younger, but the stray cat and kittens I took in moved into it when they were around six weeks old and that was the end of that...

It's an invaluable tool when you get a completely hyper six month old nutter who wants to eat everything and hasn't learnt the rules yet! And it really helped for him to go into there and calm down when he got too wound up. He doesn't need it anymore, as he's a model dog in the house and has beds all over, but he likes to sleep in his bed under a chair on occasion.

I'm afraid that my back garden's not really big enough for dogs to play in Xiney and my guy gets quite grumpy these days if his territory is invaded. How about a big field - how is his recall?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

doubleglaze - doesn't sound like your Mutt and my Jake would get along. Jake is a total labrador - goes pretty nuts wanting to play when there's another dog.

blueprint - Long story short, Jake is just about 12 months and er, intact, as I plan to allow his facial and torso to develop with the further aid of testosterone until he's 18 months. That is, if I can wait that long... lately he has developed amorous attentions to my limbs.

Anyway, that is to say, I wouldn't be able to let him off the lead in case there's a lady in heat someplace.

Oh, and his recall sucks. heh.

Advertisement