Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

instillation disk required

• 08-02-2010 3:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8

hi everyone,
    I was wondering if someone could help,
    i recently got the 'kiss of death' - black screen with white cursor, i could not even boot my computer in safe mode.
    i was advised by windows customer support that i should reboot my computer as a fix was not available.
    i did that but had to use a friends instillation disk, these disks were not for my computer but did get it up and running!
    well i then downloaded and installed all the available drivers for my laptop from the Acer website but some functions still wont work!
    for example the volume wont work even though all available tests say that it is working properly also my fingerprint scanner isn't working, there are a few other annoying little things that aren't working either.
    i was wondering if someone with the same laptop as me - Acer Aspire 6935 had the presence of mind to create a back up disk - instillation disk (i sadly did not) that i could use? i cant seem to find one anywhere! i did check with Microsoft customer services and they said it was ok to use a friends instillation disk to get my computer up and running. so piracy isn't an issue
    any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments

Advertisement