Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 30kph Speed Limit in Dublin City

Options
  • 08-02-2010 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭

The 30kph Speed Limit in Dublin City I have nothing constructive to say about this at all.

If the Health and Safety precepts are taken to their logical conclusion the current unemployed figures will be gone to zero in a year because we'll all need people walking in front of our cars with red flags pretty soon.

In that light, and apologies in advance if this is not the right forum here is a little offering I picked up on http://www.archiseek.com of all places, apparently made by a guy called David Rochford.

For anyone who had a "Moment" passing through town recently doing a miserable 40kph and suddenly realising they were 10kph over the limit, I recommend this tonic.

Warning: contains strong language and images some may find distressing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWCLlMzX-dA

ONQ.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

stop complaining its could be worse :)

we could be back to ridding horses if the greens get their way :D

mind you methane from horse poop cant be good for the environment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭onq

I understand that the Green Party Plan for Dominance in Ireland involves driving the politicians and the national herd into The Incinterator for Dublin and drawing off the resultant methane and hot air to power the wheels of industry. Horses are merely an aspirational sidebar on the part of Lord Gormley of Sandymount so he can get away from the hoi polloi Bicyclistic Followers of Fashion he currently leads.

ONQ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Tommy Bateman

Ah sure its a feckin disgrace, we'd all be best going back to the old horse and carts, but them green fellas would only be giving out about the horse leftovers and god knows what else. In Green town, its bicycling or nothing, and i'm not happy about this because I love my car and driving around Dublin. Sure theres no point going in there anymore, i'll only be late for work at that rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Oh yes, think of all the people who die in car crashes on the streets of the inner city every year :rolleyes:

Another stupid iniative set up by hippies too f*cking thick to drive a vehicle and are resigned to f*cking hackey-sacks and push-scooters.

Perhaps we could develop a Stealth Car, or better yet, one that could mimic Gormley's Ministerial heap and drive it around in the 30kph zone at 40kph, not fast enough to be effective or dangerous, but just enough to get into trouble. Now who does that remind me of?

ONQ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Was driving on the quays last week and it was painful to try and keep to the speed limit.

Although on the other hand was in town yesterday and there was feck all traffic and got a place in a car park easily ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,357 ✭✭✭bladespin

Designed to put us in a bus, simple as.

deadtiger wrote: »
    Was driving on the quays last week and it was painful to try and keep to the speed limit.

Although on the other hand was in town yesterday and there was feck all traffic and got a place in a car park easily ;)

Joking aside, I used to work for an architect who drove around at 20mph everywhere.

Quite spectacular the reactions of some road users as you might imagine, but most just overtook him and he alwsy arrived at meeting vey relaxed.

I tried this 20 mph/30kph thing the other day and you know, along the quays you wouldn't know the difference.

ONQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

This isn't a political discussion thread as framed. OP, kindly read the charter on starting new threads as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement