Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which operator for all Ireland

• 08-02-2010 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Hi all

Just asking a question on behalf of the boss man...! He is now spending probably half his time in Belfast and the other half in the south. He currently has a business account with Vodafone but his calls from the north do not come out of his inclusive minutes. While there is no surcharge for making calls from the north to south he is being hit with big bills. My question is, which operator would be the cheapest and offer inclusive minutes that cover calls from north to south. Or is there some alternative smart method (skype or something)? Same question for data...!

Thanks a mill

Rats

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

I reckon Three would have a good plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭ratsam

Cheers .... will look into that...!!!

Rats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

i am on o2 in the north and pay £1.99 per month for the ireland bolt on so calls made and received from the south are treated as uk calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Three will work fine in Belfast, but if your boss is travelling around they have little service in NI West of the Bann and so roaming charges will arise there.

O2 Ireland were the first to allow you use your minutes, they tried to withdraw this in November or so, but after an outcry they postponed this. But their clear intention is to gouge people so who knows what the future is.

Be careful of data, call deals will not necessarily stop them gouging you for data, oddly Vodafone is probably safest in this respect (using Live apn).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

I would also suggest 3 as their data roaming will also be included

• Advertisement
Advertisement