Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Double" Burger King on Georges St Dunlaoghaire.

Options
  • 08-02-2010 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Do we need this?

An expansion of Burger King taking over the "Turquoise" premises next door adding more junk food space to the main thoroughfare.

Its bad enough to see vacant premises throughout the town without them being taken over by fast food joints just like what happened to O'Connell St during the 80ies.

Its due to open in March after extensive renovations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

better than an empty shop, better than McDonalds.

I don't see the problem considering how many empty premises there are in DL at this stage, in fact I'd kill for a bacon double cheesburger right now

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Lizzzard

An expansion of Burger King taking over the "Turquoise" premises next door

Was this place 'Turquoise' already closed down or due to close down?? Taking over isn't really a fair assumtion if this is the case, although there isn't much need for a larger BK in DL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Lizzzard wrote: »
    Was this place 'Turquoise' already closed down or due to close down?? Taking over isn't really a fair assumption if this is the case, although there isn't much need for a larger BK in DL.
    Every time I passed the place there was never a big queue and there was always empty seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

in fact I'd kill for a bacon double cheesburger right now

Forget that. Ever had a quad stacker? Probably the best thing i've ever eaten.

Hopefully a double size BK means double size bacon double cheeseburgers...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

McDonalds Fries, Big Macs and Crispy chicken burgers each have less fat and calories than Burger Kings fries whopper and chicken burgers.

Burger Kings tastes better imo tho!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

McDonalds Fries, Big Macs and Crispy chicken burgers each have less fat and calories than Burger Kings fries whopper and chicken burgers.

Burger Kings tastes better imo tho!
    Pref King's burgers but not gone on their fries.

Ii Just hope Supermax don't put their foot in the door in Dunlaoghaire. :eek:

A big +1 on that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I ready my pitch fork just in case we need to run them out of town ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Everett

bigger the better

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I'd prefer a supermacs over a MacDonalds! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

draffodx wrote: »

+1, but their chicken fillet burgers are getting smaller and smaller every year...... love their chips :)

draffodx wrote: »

Feckin Cultie :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Feckin Cultie :rolleyes:

good ould farmer grub :D

Advertisement