Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bonnet not closing

• 08-02-2010 5:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭

Bonnet won't fully close any longer. Locking mechanism looks fine and lubed it with WD-40.

The release lever for the bonnent has lost its tension, the wire is still intact though.

Maybe a cable lug got loose? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I had a similar problem with a Honda CRV last year, the bonnet pull lever had got turned round 180 degrees and wouldn't go back in all the way. Your problem may be different tho, but worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

The cable may be stretched if its an older car. Try pushing the opening lever back into the closed position and don't slam the bonnet down but rest it in closed position and push down over the bonnet locks.

Works for me! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭tmcw

The cable may be stretched if its an older car. Try pushing the opening lever back into the closed position and don't slam the bonnet down but rest it in closed position and push down over the bonnet locks.

Works for me! ;)

I have to push the lever back on mine too, but have to drop the bonnet from about 30-50cm to get the lock to click. NCT guy left a dent in mine trying to push it closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

tmcw wrote: »
    I have to push the lever back on mine too, but have to drop the bonnet from about 30-50cm to get the lock to click. NCT guy left a dent in mine trying to push it closed.

If I drop it from a height it won't close. It just rebounds but if I push gently it does.

The NCT guy couldn't do it on mine so I just went round to him....got told off for entering the service area but wasn't having him damage the car!

Advertisement