Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon EOS 7D

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭PabD

Looking to get a 7D for the last few weeks, has anyone noticed that some online prices as has increased by about £100 in the last week? (eBay prices)

It is €1499 in berminghams and im very tempted as it is more or less the same as Jessops after the exchange rate. Anyone know a cheaper place in Dublin?

http://www.berminghamcameras.ie/store/index.php?target=products&product_id=3697

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭thebiglad

As I have posted on other threads regarding the where to buy question.

I have used simply electronics for 50D and it arrived within 7 days, no hassle, good communication time in response to emails (I kept contact from immediately after placing the order!).

There are plenty of horror stories but I certainly had a smooth (if nervous) transaction with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I got mine on Pixmania for €1458.90 with DHL shipping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

Exar Khun wrote: »
    How long of a time lapse can a 7 d shoot with CF cards?

As with any model, that would depend on a number of things no way specific to a 7d. Size of card and resolution being the two mitigating factors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

including customs? (the b and h website is supposed to have that feature now..)

Nisio wrote: »

Hmmm... not sure. I didn't see anything to indicate that was the price you pay inc any customs charges, so, I'm guessing no.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

alexlyons wrote: »
    ye kind of shorter than the rest. I seriously wouldn't believe if he was like that as well, I know the chap very well, almost friends at this stage, went to the same school and all ;).
    Was in Conns once and dealt with that guy,very ignorant. Never again.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I've just bitten the bullet and ordered a 7D and 24-70 f2.8 L from Ian Kerr today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Who is Ian Kerr? Got linky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

link

although the best idea is to email him and ask for his pricelist

kerso1123@msn.com

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭PabD

Jambo wrote: »
    Kerso - Ebay

His prices are usually pretty good , you can compare his prices to most UK B&M Stores and online retaillers here

Was on page 2 or 3.

swingking wrote: »
    link

although the best idea is to email him and ask for his pricelist

kerso1123@msn.com

7d body £1099 + £35 postage to Ireland (@ current exchnage rates - €1293 in total) with a 1.5% surcharge if paid by Paypal.

From Kerso:

"Prices are valid for 7 days only due to fluctuating rates.
    Prices away from Ebay are:
    7D Body £1099
    7D 28-135mm IS kit £1299
    Postage £20 to NI or ROI £35 DHL
    UK invoice provided.
    All lenses have 1 year International warranty.
    Flashguns have UK or Worldwide warranty
    Bodies have Canon USA warranty valid in UK with UK invoice provided

Payment options are:
    1. Bank transfer to Flash Camera to Clydesdale Bank 70224566 Sort Code 826609. ..

2.Cash over counter to same account.

3.Cheque payable to Flash Camera

4.Paypal to kerso1123 AT msn.com with 1.5% charge on sale price - Please be sure to add in notes
    details of sale - item/s, price, shipping, fee etc. I can send paypal invoice on request.

5.Cash on pick up (by appointment only)"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Nisio wrote: »
    trooney wrote: »
    Hmmm... not sure. I didn't see anything to indicate that was the price you pay inc any customs charges, so, I'm guessing no.

Add the product to cart, then go to cart and follow the procedure as though you're going to buy it. When it's calculating the shipping for Ireland it throws on the tax too, which is pretty indicative of how well they sell to this country.

Rb wrote: »
    Add the product to cart, then go to cart and follow the procedure as though you're going to buy it. When it's calculating the shipping for Ireland it throws on the tax too, which is pretty indicative of how well they sell to this country.

Comes out at $2443, all taxes & shipping inc. (€1810 at current rates)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LostCovey

alexlyons wrote: »
    bricks and mortar in dublin you can't beat conns of grafton street. They always do great deals, Mike, one of the owners (if nit the main one) is very active in there and always on top of his staff, they're very well educated on the gear and on top of great prices they can sometimes throw in after purchase deals such as a free wet sensor clean etc. there prices are pretty good and I've seen the invoices they get for some of the gear, and they make very little on it. They also pass on deals to the customer eg at the minute they've got a nikon 70-300 at a reduced price as when they buy 6 they get a 7th free, so they've divided there saving through the stock!

No affiliation other than a very loyal customer!

Hope your loyalty isn't clouding your judgement.

I have found the precise opposite with Conn's. Very expensive, and very much the hard sell - bordering on patronising too. The gear is good, but they have all the best brands, how could they go wrong?

They will haggle, and I did get value there a couple of times, by bringing in website printouts, and telling them I would buy if they came close and they did on those occasions. But you need to haggle like a horse dealer. They wouldn't budge on the 7D so I bought in from Warehouse Express.

If you don't believe me, use your query as an example:
    Conn's €1699.99 VS Warehouse Express €1420

It is nice to support domestic shops and to have a local store to go back to if something goes wrong, but that has a value. Personally i don't think it is worth a near €300 differential.

I have no experience of Gunn's.

For Canon lenses I find Kerso on eBay is very good. Even more shocking price differentials there!

LostCovey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

me, my flatmate and my brother in law have bought from simply electronics and have had no problems. that being said i nearly always go to a bricks and mortar shop and am also recomending Gunns.

also have you compared the 7D to the 550D? theyre quite similar

also have you compared the 7D to the 550D? theyre quite similar

The 7D has a vastly superior viewfinder.

The 550D has pretty much the same dull pentamirror 95% view as found on the 500D.
    The 7D has a 100% coverage pentaprism with transmissive LCD for focus points etc.

The autofocus on the 7D is also great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

5uspect wrote: »
    The 7D has a vastly superior viewfinder.

The 550D has pretty much the same dull pentamirror 95% view as found on the 500D.
    The 7D has a 100% coverage pentaprism with transmissive LCD for focus points etc.

The autofocus on the 7D is also great.

ive also found that the autofocus on liveview mode on the 550d is hopeless but it is a handy tool for composition

It sucks balls on the 7D too, but you can switch it to "Quick Mode" where the mirror flips back down so it can use the autofocus sensor instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭rubdub

LostCovey wrote: »
    If you don't believe me, use your query as an example:
    Conn's €1699.99 VS Warehouse Express €1420
    LostCovey

Berminghams are now charging €1500 for 7D, Jessops in Newry are €1430, they were 1500 when I bought it there few months back, Conns are still ripping off at €1700 tho

Advertisement