Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rIRA handing out leaflets again warning drug dealers.

Options
  • 08-02-2010 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭

Leaflets were handed out again last night in the pubs around Cissie Youngs.

My nan was over in Annie Macs and said two very large serious looking men came in handed out the leaflets very quickly and took off. She didn't keep it but apparently they are actually naming people on the sheets they hand out now.

Judging by the shooting in Wilton two weeks ago it looks like they mean business.
    What annoys me is when people say ah sure they are taking the scum off our streets yet not realising that these people are also heavily involved in the drug scene themselves.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

i'm firmly from the "let the animals kill the animals" school of thought. But i dont see the reasoning behind handing out the leaflets. Was it like a name and shame type move?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Who prints these leaflets? I doubt they get it done in a proper printing place. :lol:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

If they printed them with anything but specialized equipment then there will be micro-dots on the leaflets which can be used to identify the make/model/serial no of the printer used. That only matters of course if the Garda have the wherewithall to utilize such things.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

Anybody else surprised about the scarcity of media coverage on this?
    Surely a republican group claiming responsibility for killing somebody is big news.
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

The thing is was that by 11.20 last night there was at least three garda checkpoints between the pub and UCC but some of these could have been RAG week related.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

6 guys came into Murphys Rock on Saturday night handing out leaflets and saying who will be next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

rotinaj wrote: »
    6 guys came into Murphys Rock on Saturday night handing out leaflets and saying who will be next.
    They actuallly said who would be next on the leaflets? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭johncm

they were in the fox and hounds saturday night .
    Brian Wall seems to be next
    here is a link http://www.32csm.info/bbck3.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

Whoever edited that article needs to be shot tbh.

They actuallly said who would be next on the leaflets? :confused:

Yeah as the link above possibly shows they are now putting the names of people the are "watching" on these leaflets they are handing out.

These people are just as big thugs as the ones they put on these leaflets.

• Advertisement

johncm wrote: »
    they were in the fox and hounds saturday night .
    Brian Wall seems to be next
    here is a link http://www.32csm.info/bbck3.pdf
    Wow, that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up! I really do not know what to make of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Their spelling and grammar is terrible.

The picture they have is crap, a fat guy holding an AK, WTF?

Personally I don't care if they are killing drug dealers, but I don't trust that they will stick to dealers.

They are after power more than anything I think.

Personally I don't care if they are killing drug dealers, but I don't trust that they will stick to dealers.

You don't care until (even though its a drug dealer) until someone is shot and killed four mins from your front door.Its really not a nice thing to think of. To be honest they are just looking for more patches for their own vested interests.

You don't care until (even though its a drug dealer) until someone is shot and killed four mins from your front door.Its really not a nice thing to think of. To be honest they are just looking for more patches for their own vested interests.

No, I just don't care. I know they are not altruistic in their goals, it's all for their own ego's and pocket.

But I am quite apathetic to people who choose to deal hard drugs.

I suspect that you want to work for them and make their design and spelling more pretty;)

Their is a stink of mafiosa about it for sure.

I suspect that you want to work for them and make their design and spelling more pretty;)

Their is a stink of mafiosa about it for sure.

Lol, they could do with bringing in a proper graphic designer! haha.

I agree it's very mafia, take out the drug dealers because "drugs are bad" while smoking their weed, then realising they can deal drugs now.

Lol, they could do with bringing in a proper graphic designer! haha.

I agree it's very mafia, take out the drug dealers because "drugs are bad" while smoking their weed, then realising they can deal drugs now.
    On a lighter note... maybe the IRA should become a bit more glamourous in the media sense i.e. the leaflets and all that. I'm sure the balaclava could become a fashion accessory if it was done in pink:D Cue Kevin Sharkey.

On a lighter note... maybe the IRA should become a bit more glamourous in the media sense i.e. the leaflets and all that. I'm sure the balaclava could become a fashion accessory if it was done in pink:D

Yeah, Camo is so in these days! haha.

They should go for the urban guerilla look, but with more stylish weaponry! :P

Yeah, Camo is so in these days! haha.

They should go for the urban guerilla look, but with more stylish weaponry! :P
    Yes you hit the nail on the head there. The weapons should be more of an 'accessory' to the crime:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

Seems like these guys places were raided. And surprise surprise, they found, "small quantities of drugs." So at the very least, these guys are using drugs. So if they're planning on killing off dealers, where are the getting it? Must have their own supply.

I'd prefer someone growing a few plants in their attic to these organised scum.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0210/1224264113212.html

• Advertisement

Buceph wrote: »
    Seems like these guys places were raided. And surprise surprise, they found, "small quantities of drugs." So at the very least, these guys are using drugs. So if they're planning on killing off dealers, where are the getting it? Must have their own supply.

I'd prefer someone growing a few plants in their attic to these organised scum.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0210/1224264113212.html

All they found was a very small amount of drugs and they took leaflets/magazines and some "imitation guns" i.e probably just some airsoft type guns. These are nothing of substantial importance and no arrests have been made and probably won't be either. For a raid of up to 60 cops they really didnt find much....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

It shows them they're being watched. Which is a lot, especially when these guys might only be scaremongering at this stage. If they actually went out and murdered someone (no link to the Wilton story so far) then people would be up in arms that nothing was done. But now they have done something people are complaining?

Welcome to Ireland.

It shows them they're being watched. Which is a lot, especially when these guys might only be scaremongering at this stage. If they actually went out and murdered someone (no link to the Wilton story so far) then people would be up in arms that nothing was done. But now they have done something people are complaining?

Welcome to Ireland.

Oh no im not complaining. I like to see the Gardaí out in force showing they are around. Just stating that nothing was found really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

If they actually went out and murdered someone (no link to the Wilton story so far)

Don't they claim responsibility in the leaflet?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mocathain

Let them take the heroin dealing scum out.
    There were at least 10 people died in the northside of the city due to heroin in the last six months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭YourSQL

Hellm0 wrote: »
    If they printed them with anything but specialized equipment then there will be micro-dots on the leaflets which can be used to identify the make/model/serial no of the printer used. That only matters of course if the Garda have the wherewithall to utilize such things.

most printers don't use those. and not like it matters anyway which printer they used

mocathain wrote: »
    Let them take the heroin dealing scum out.
    There were at least 10 people died in the northside of the city due to heroin in the last six months.

Don't you realise that the people that are taking them out are also drug dealing scum that are just going to take over the area's of the people they kill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭YourSQL

Don't you realise that the people that are taking them out are also drug dealing scum that are just going to take over the area's of the people they kill?

good news

sure anything is better than Fianna Fail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

As soon as I heard about the murder that was my first thought. Wasn't there a drug house in Little Island petrol bombed a few years ago that was apparently connected to the rIRA? I was sure that was drug related. If they had changed their ways I would be very surprised. All they are is a gang like any other. Protecting their citizens me arse. My nan is probably spinning in her grave, God rest her.

• Advertisement
Advertisement