Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

War on Afghanistan thread.

• 08-02-2010 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f3GwDHSF98

This man is brillant. Shows a video description of the history of Aghanistan going back 200 years. How and why the US/UK empire want to take it over etc. I've been familar with this myself over the years. He doesn't go into in depth of history, of what Afghanistan was going back thousands of years. Afghanistan was also part of the Babylonian empire at one stage. The country was also part of a Pre ice age civilzation at one time. There re many links on the net about this theory and what not. Then you have the China/Russua vs UK/USA hegomy and I'm sure everyone is familar with that, as the Taliban and Al Quaeda were created to fight off the China/Russia terrortries.

I'll post a few more videos and links to watch. I just thought I'd share this one. A good wake up call for the mainstream masses.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Propaganda.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Can you give us a brief outline of the Salient points Mysterious, I spilled beer on Me Laptop so I've no machine with sound at the moment :(

Also I've always been curious is Afghanistan about the control of Oil or the control of Opium?

tis not unprecedented for the British to go to war for the Opium trade, and Helmand is now the single biggest Heroin pruducin region on the Planet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Propaganda.

Yes these wars are all propaganda. All this brainwashing to fight these wars. This video is great for exposing it.

Can you give us a brief outline of the Salient points Mysterious, I spilled beer on Me Laptop so I've no machine with sound at the moment :(

Also I've always been curious is Afghanistan about the control of Oil or the control of Opium?

tis not unprecedented for the British to go to war for the Opium trade, and Helmand is now the single biggest Heroin pruducin region on the Planet

The guy basicaly gives us the re run of the history of the country and explains that if there is war in a country its for reasons above and beyond the media interpretation of just getting "the bad guy" In order to really understand conflict you have to look back in time. Which is very true.

He goes onto explain that Afghanistan is stratigaically located between The Casprian sea and Turkemstain(whatever spelling) and Pakistan coast. India and Pakistan has always been in the control directly or indirectly to the British control. Afghanistan been the free run country betweeen all areas. The Tsars wanted to take it over. This is what led to the conflict theree and it has been tit ofr tat ever since. Many asassinations of leaders of both the Tsars and British leaders when the British empire took it over. In 1841 the British empire lost Afghanistan to the local tribes. The Russians then had diplomatic meetings with the local powers then after.

This lead to the British become very threatened. So the British invaded it again and took it over once again.The British had remained in control all tthe way til 1919. There was another assasination. Amanullah, the new ruler of Afghanistan, suddenly attacked the British in May 1919 in two thrusts. Although, Amanullah had written the British viceroy, rejecting British control of his foreign policy and declaring Afghanistan fully independent, the British were taken by surprise. Afghan forces achieved some success in the early days of the war as Pashtun tribesmen from both sides of the border joined forces with them. The military skirmishes soon ended in stalemate as the British recovered from their initial surprise After many years the Country, was in free terroritory, different leaders took control. So Both Russia and USA/UK each at their own power kept trying to manipulate the country from the outside in or rock the boat in ways to try to take the control again. In 1978 was the height of the cold war, and thats when the soviet union invaded. The Soviets wanted to take over the muslims factions. This war went on for 10 years, The british won, but they needed to get the Russians and Muslims out. So they created the Al queda as a way of getting the local tibes to fight each other and then make them fight off the Russians..

I'll write the next part tommorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Here's a good video about war, how it dreamed up and sold, and ultimately enacted, the propaganda machine that kicks into full swing, while the leaders lie and manipulate the people into believing this war is good, it's right, it's the decent thing to do, we love peace, you know that, but sometimes you just gotta war, for the good of mankind, the system has mainly stayed the same, it has worked and continues to.
    Take a look at the first 10 mins or so, just get an idea of the treachery that continues into our next wars, this video makes me even more weary of obama.

WAR MADE EASY

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 David Icke

mysterious wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f3GwDHSF98

This man is brillant. Shows a video description of the history of Aghanistan going back 200 years. How and why the US/UK empire want to take it over etc. I've been familar with this myself over the years. He doesn't go into in depth of history, of what Afghanistan was going back thousands of years. Afghanistan was also part of the Babylonian empire at one stage. The country was also part of a Pre ice age civilzation at one time. There re many links on the net about this theory and what not. Then you have the China/Russua vs UK/USA hegomy and I'm sure everyone is familar with that, as the Taliban and Al Quaeda were created to fight off the China/Russia terrortries.

Excellent post.

Yes these wars are all propaganda. All this brainwashing to fight these wars.

Just like your videos then. All propaganda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Even the media find it hard to remain neutral when reporting on a variety of subjects. Propaganda? Most people would question the Iraq war but most wouldn't question Afghanistan. Just thats its a retaliation to "that event". Nothing wrong with questioning the possible other motives for invasion.

And fair play mysterious for writing up a partial description of the video in post#5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Out of curiosity, what's the conspiracy? If it's just the history of Afghanistan, then this isn't the forum for it. And if you want to provide it for reference, there's a "links" thread for that.

Even the media find it hard to remain neutral when reporting on a variety of subjects. Propaganda? Most people would question the Iraq war but most wouldn't question Afghanistan. Just thats its a retaliation to "that event". Nothing wrong with questioning the possible other motives for invasion.

And fair play mysterious for writing up a partial description of the video in post#5.

The video is nothing but propaganda. You guys seem confused by what that word means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Oh man that was hilarious!
    This guy is really funny and educational.
    This is the perfect way to get a message across.
    Im sure the conspiracy is pretty obvious to anyone who watches the video.
    I tend to agree with alot of the stuff he says.
    If the war on afghanistan is not for those reasons, are people still trying to convince others that its because of terrorists?
    Or what is the common held belief by "skeptics"? If im forgiven the stereo typing.

The video is nothing but propaganda. You guys seem confused by what that word means.

lol.. What can you say to that. It's like the classic example of someone coming on and saying this picture is yellow and it is cus I saids so, but everyone knows its not.

And no matter what evidence or how much truth there is to the argument the person will try convince no matter what its yellow. This kind of closed position of such matters is the reason why we were conned with the Iraq war and god knows how many other wars. The governments have always faked incidents or created propaganda in order to get "us" to fight these greed and illegal wars. The man in the video explains it pretty well.

Flamed driving

Do you believe in genocide? What do you believe we will achieve with this other war?. You haven't contributed in anyway to this thread but constantly sprout the same claim over and over with nothing constructive to add or explain.to your argument. People are not falling for this anymore, people are not going to constantly believe these government sponsored wars and you at the same time then expecting us to believe you its not.

The days of looking for this "evil terrorist" is just not working.

lol.. What can you say to that. It's like the classic example of someone coming on and saying this picture is yellow and it is cus I saids so, but everyone knows its not.

And no matter what evidence or how much truth there is to the argument the person will try convince no matter what its yellow. This kind of closed position of such matters is the reason why we were conned with the Iraq war and god knows how many other wars. The governments have always faked incidents or created propaganda in order to get "us" to fight these greed and illegal wars. The man in the video explains it pretty well.

Flamed driving

Do you believe in genocide? What do you believe we will achieve with this other war?. You haven't contributed in anyway to this thread but constantly sprout the same claim over and over with nothing constructive to add or explain.to your argument. People are not falling for this anymore, people are not going to constantly believe these government sponsored wars and you at the same time then expecting us to believe you its not.

The days of looking for this "evil terrorist" is just not working.

Well, I tend to prefer the English language and not your gobbledygook definitions. Perhaps you need a refresher on why your posts are propaganda:

propaganda noun

/ˌprɒp.əˈgæn.də//ˌprɑː.pə-/

information, ideas, opinions or images, often only giving one part of an argument, which are broadcast, published or in some other way spread with the intention of influencing people's opinions

Sounds familiar, doesn't it? Troofers are just as bad as their enemies. You couldn't make it up!

Well, I tend to prefer the English language and not your gobbledygook definitions. Perhaps you need a refresher on why your posts are propaganda:

propaganda noun

information, ideas, opinions or images, often only giving one part of an argument, which are broadcast, published or in some other way spread with the intention of influencing people's opinions

Sounds familiar, doesn't it? Troofers are just as bad as their enemies. You couldn't make it up!

Again I'm failing to understand what your talking about. What he said was fact. He has pin pointed leaders, wars, pollcies and the history of the country going back 200 years. So what are you trying to say here.

Could you please me how your opinion overules the facts and actual point of the video in this thread.

Very good video Mysterious, tells it like it is, in a parody kinda way. Thanks for sharing. It's not propaganda, it's telling fact in funny kinda way.

humanji wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, what's the conspiracy? If it's just the history of Afghanistan, then this isn't the forum for it. And if you want to provide it for reference, there's a "links" thread for that.

The conspiracy is that Afghanistan was invaded for reasons other that what the planet was led to believe, put it anywhere else they'll say "return to sender" or lock it, it's an educational video to anybody that watches it, and spells out sinister world events in a different way.

I'm not saying it should be in a different forum, but we have a links section for people who jsut want to post videos. If this is for a specific conspiracy then this thread is fine. If it's about the history of Afghanistan in general, then it's not.

Again I'm failing to understand what your talking about. What he said was fact. He has pin pointed leaders, wars, pollcies and the history of the country going back 200 years. So what are you trying to say here.

Could you please me how your opinion overules the facts and actual point of the video in this thread.

I'm sorry that you seem to be having so much trouble in getting this, despite the fact that I have expressed it in a plain dictionary definition format. I weep for you...

One more try:
    propaganda noun

It doesn't matter if it is true or not. Get that bit?

All that is required is that people are spreading ideas. Get that bit?

Often (often doesn't mean always) presented giving one side of argument. Get that bit?

It couldn't be any simpler. You are engaged in propaganda. You are no better than Fox News.

Oh for the love of god, everyone pay attention:

Anything that is pro-conspiracy will be seen as propaganda by those who are anti-conspiracy.
    Anything that is anti-conspiracy will be seen as propaganda by those who are pro-conspiracy.

Now, can we take that one board and stick to the topic, which I'm still wondering should I move it too the links thread or is there a specific conspiracy to be discussed?

well I have just watched the Video and a few more by the same punter, I'd say that its a style of video that does merit its own thread, the delivery style is rather interesting and Meejasavvy, I've watched his Moon landin video and now I'm a bit suspect on the origins of some footage :eek:

I'm not sure how it fits into the scope o the forum but its an interestin POV

• Advertisement

humanji wrote: »
    Oh for the love of god, everyone pay attention:

Anything that is pro-conspiracy will be seen as propaganda by those who are anti-conspiracy.
    Anything that is anti-conspiracy will be seen as propaganda by those who are pro-conspiracy.

Now, can we take that one board and stick to the topic, which I'm still wondering should I move it too the links thread or is there a specific conspiracy to be discussed?

Sorry for derailing things, I just wanted to clear the hypocrisy in some CTer's saying that the NWO (or whatever) uses propaganda, when clearly it is both sides doing the same, if anything.

I will leave this thread so ye can get back to Afghan matters.

Sorry for derailing things, I just wanted to clear the hypocrisy in some CTer's saying that the NWO (or whatever) uses propaganda, when clearly it is both sides doing the same, if anything.

I will leave this thread so ye can get back to Afghan matters.

There is NO hypocrisy in the video. All we see here, is you have put your personal view over what the video has shown and what we others have said to your way of thinking. I don't think people here are trying to change what was said in any way nor does your view actually represent others here either.. You haven't even put forward a proper argument in your accusation of others of using propaganda, you have made an open accusation without any validation or back up. I think thats a bit offensive. You haven't even made an argument as to why it's propaganda. It's a bit rich you coming out with this, when our governments thrive on propaganda. So please man.

This video isn't anti or pro NWO or anti or pro C.T. The guy is a human being who has thoughts, a brain and intellegence. Like we have. :)

The fact of the matter, wars are not acceptable and this is the stort that makes more sense than the constant lies been put forward by our governments. We are very aware of corruption and greed on this planet. It's about time someone exposed it like this. Whether you like it or not. This is a very typical topic on Conspiracy theories. I think its a good thread for others to discuss the official story of the afghan war.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

I actually really enjoyed this video. It was really entertaining. He managed to get 200 years of Afghan history into a 10 minute video, which is no mean feat. However I would still take what he says with a pinch of salt.

Also Mysterious, just so you know, this guy does seem to be pro NWO. You can see it in this video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Here's a funny video of Brzezinski stirring up the Taliban/Mujaheddin against the Soviets. Ironic.

Obama speaks/lies about Brzezinski.

Brzezinski isn't a fan of the current model of sending more troops to Afghanistan and imposing western democratic elections.

I'm a big fan of Zbigniew.

Afghanistan is ready to feed thousands if they flee a major assault by NATO troops, but officials hope fighting will be limited and civilians can safely stay home, President Hamid Karzai's spokesman said.

The operation, one of the biggest of the 8-year-old war, will be the first big show of force since President Barack Obama ordered 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan last December.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE61926Q20100210

This is fukking sick, stay home, be safe as we blow fukk outta you, trust us, we're spreading freedom, pipeline's and opium.

NATO launches massive Afghanistan offensive

Saturday, 13 February 2010 09:44

NATO troops have launched an offensive against the Taliban's last big strongholds in Afghanistan's most violent province, Helmand.
    The 15,000-troop operation is the start of a campaign to impose government control on rebel-held areas this year, before US forces start to withdraw in 2011.

Marjah is today the target of the biggest military assault since the 2001 invasion, with Afghan President Hamid Karzai calling on Taliban fighters to lay down their arms and to rejoin mainstream Afghan society.

He also warned troops to avoid civilian casualties, and 'instructed all Afghan and international troops to exercise absolute caution to avoid harming civilians'.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0213/afghanistan.html

Guess all the civilians will be very safe so, seen as they were "advised" to stay home.

.......British forces have already begun small-scale "shaping" operations in the area around Marjah.

..........The assault on Marjah, a densely-populated warren of desert canals, is intended to be a demonstration of NATO commander General Stanley McChrystal's counter-insurgency strategy, which emphasizes seizing control of population centers.

........During the next year, NATO troops say they plan to open roads and bring government institutions to wide swathes of Helmand and neighboring Kandahar now under the grip of insurgents.

In a setback, a U.N. survey said efforts to curb opium planting had failed over the past year, with farmers planting as much opium for the upcoming 2010 harvest as last year's, ending a positive trend of two years of declines.

coincidentaly Helmand is producin closr to half of the Worlds Opiate products

Brzezinski Looks reptilan;) Just thought I'd poop that out by surprise.

• Advertisement

coincidentaly Helmand is producin closr to half of the Worlds Opiate products

Yea and the Taliban banned opium growing in 2000, big mistake, uncle sam couldnt have that now!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliban#Opium
    But in 2000 the Taliban banned opium production, a firstI][URL="http://www.boards.ie/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed"][COLOR=#002bb8]citation needed[/COLOR][/URL][/I in Afghan history. In 2000, Afghanistan's opium production still accounted for 75% of the world's supply. On 27 July 2000, the Taliban again issued a decree banning opium poppy cultivation. According to opioids.com, by February 2001, production had been reduced from 12,600 acres (51 km2) to only 17 acres (7 ha).[73] When the Taliban entered north Waziristan in 2003 they immediately banned poppy cultivation and punished those who sold it.

Advertisement