Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

06 BMW 318i Bluetooth Help

• 08-02-2010 6:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys, Wife just bought a new jammer, 06 318i, Has a massive spec but im shocked the Bluetooth does not seem to be installed, Has the CD Head unit with phone button and phone controls on the steering wheel, Any idea where this can be installed (on the cheap?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

yeah id like to know the answer to this aswell as im in the same boat...

I have an additional question aswell, without wanting to hijack the thread.. :)
    I had the car since october and it was serviced by the garage just before I took ownership of the car. its also 06 and had 50,000 miles on it when I got it. When does it need to be serviced again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

mcshape wrote: »
    Hey Guys, Wife just bought a new jammer, 06 318i, Has a massive spec but im shocked the Bluetooth does not seem to be installed, Has the CD Head unit with phone button and phone controls on the steering wheel, Any idea where this can be installed (on the cheap?)

What do you mean by not installed? is it not working,have you tried to pair your phone up?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

has it got the phone cradle in the armrest? if not then bluetooth is not factory fitted to the car.

best bet is get a nokia or bury or similar aftermarket kit as the OEM retrofit is mega books! maybe even a parrot kit with the ISO lead that allows you to use the steering wheel buttons etc

Autoaudio fit a nokia ck-7w for under 200e. installed neatly behind the dash so you have no objects sticking out of the dash except for the volume/answer button

Tiesto wrote: »
    yeah id like to know the answer to this aswell as im in the same boat...

I have an additional question aswell, without wanting to hijack the thread.. :)
    I had the car since october and it was serviced by the garage just before I took ownership of the car. its also 06 and had 50,000 miles on it when I got it. When does it need to be serviced again.

the car is condition based service, so it will tell you what needs doing and when. when you get into your car and start it, the next thing on the service list flashes on the dashboard for a couple of seconds, wether it be an oil change, front or rear pads etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

I think the iso lead is the way to go, really a shame not to loose the buttons if they are there already!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

I think the iso lead is the way to go, really a shame not to loose the buttons if they are there already!!

So first you put up a post asking for help,and now you are telling us the way to go :D

Have you tried pairing your phone with the car,i do no understand what you mean by not installed,more info will get your problem sorted quicker as always...

• Advertisement

tossy wrote: »
    So first you put up a post asking for help,and now you are telling us the way to go :D

Have you tried pairing your phone with the car,i do no understand what you mean by not installed,more info will get your problem sorted quicker as always...

the OP cant understand that the car he bought has a high spec, but the original purchaser of the car when new didnt spec bluetooth as an option. the car hasnt got bluetooth going by what the OP is saying so all the pairing in the world wont get him anywhere :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

But if it has the buttons on the radio and the steering wheel it must have it no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

No - the buttons seem to be a standard fit.

Generally bluetooth will have a phone cradle in the armrest and a 'shark fin' antenna on the roof

Seven Worlds will Collide

stevenmu wrote: »
    But if it has the buttons on the radio and the steering wheel it must have it no?

the buttons come as standard as part of the "multi function steering wheel" option. All of the other buttons have functions such as radio channel adjust, volume adjust, voice control etc but the phone button will do nothing unless bluetooth is fitted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

gumbo wrote: »
    has it got the phone cradle in the armrest? if not then bluetooth is not factory fitted to the car.

best bet is get a nokia or bury or similar aftermarket kit as the OEM retrofit is mega books! maybe even a parrot kit with the ISO lead that allows you to use the steering wheel buttons etc

Autoaudio fit a nokia ck-7w for under 200e. installed neatly behind the dash so you have no objects sticking out of the dash except for the volume/answer button

the car is condition based service, so it will tell you what needs doing and when. when you get into your car and start it, the next thing on the service list flashes on the dashboard for a couple of seconds, wether it be an oil change, front or rear pads etc etc

The Nokia CK-7W has been out quiet a while. I recently fitted a Nokia CK300 to my own car the wkend before last. I wrote a how to on here also. it cost me under 100euro for the box and a little over 2 hours labour.

Benefits over the CK-7W are its a newer product, better support for phones it also has the capability to play the mp3s on your phone over the bluetooth connection to your head unit (provided your head unit has an aux connection).

• Advertisement

The Nokia CK-7W has been out quiet a while. I recently fitted a Nokia CK300 to my own car the wkend before last. I wrote a how to on here also. it cost me under 100euro for the box and a little over 2 hours labour.

Benefits over the CK-7W are its a newer product, better support for phones it also has the capability to play the mp3s on your phone over the bluetooth connection to your head unit (provided your head unit has an aux connection).

yeah i just used the ck7 as an example as i dont like having clutter on my dashboard. yours sounds like a good set up tbh, maybe you should throw up a link for the OP.

Thanks gumbo and all, its just the bluetooth is not included in the car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Integrated Bluetooth on the 3 series was over €1,000 as a factory option. While the use of the steering wheel controls is nice, very few people were prepared to spend about €800 more than the cost of fitting a Parrott for the privelege.

R.O.R wrote: »
    Integrated Bluetooth on the 3 series was over €1,000 as a factory option. While the use of the steering wheel controls is nice, very few people were prepared to spend about €800 more than the cost of fitting a Parrott for the privelege.

Yep i have the wife pricing up a parrot now, Seems to be the way to go to get the steering wheel buttons working, I know it sounds stupid but what actually swung the missus to buy the car was the "buttons on the steering wheel" lol, Never mind the fook all milage and cream leather i was interested in!
    I have to say, there seems to be some great deals on second hand BM's at the moment out there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

It appears you can do it cheaper than the OEM option while integrating into the car existing audio system, controls and Driver computer using the denison 500.

Kufatec.de do lots of this stuff they stock the Denison 500 its about 420euro and it will prep you car for ipod also. Dunno how much the bluetooth bit is thou. They can also order in stuff and are fairly good replying to email in my experience with them.

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p1074_Dension---iPod-Gateway-500---iDrive---BMW--MOST-.html

See here:

http://dension.com/index.php?pageID=11

http://dension.com/index.php?pageID=45

Advertisement