Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have Donegal Gardai Heard of YouTube??

Options
  • 08-02-2010 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭

This kinda thing really really annoys me. Can the Gardai not prosecute from video evidence? :mad:

Edit: A quick Google of the posters name even gives his phone number !!... I mean how easy does it get? And how stupid do posters get?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Yeah, it's a nuisance and dangerous but for the Gardaí to prosecute, there has to be a crime. What crime would they be committing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭jaffa20

It's also a northen registered car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

deemark wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a nuisance and dangerous but for the Gardaí to prosecute, there has to be a crime. What crime would they be committing?

Surely there must be some criminal offence in extremely reckless driving on a public beach packed with people?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Harps wrote: »
    Surely there must be some criminal offence in extremely reckless driving on a public beach packed with people?

That's why I asked. What would the crime be? dangerous driving? And do the Gardaí actually have to witness it themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

I think drink driving may come into it to in the first few seconds of the video. Many people have been done for drivving offences on that beach. I for one would count that as reckless driving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DanGlee

FAIL for trying to do donuts in a front wheel drive car (and for owning a Honda Chavic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

the Gardai would much rather do a southern reg car driving on the beach at 5mph with no tax :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

A few years back me and the missus were enjoying a nice day at Rossnowlagh and one of these muppets was doing the exact same thing, only as he was trying to do a Donut he when too high up on the soft sand, well and truly burying his front bumper. I laughed and laughed, then when home and laughed some more:D

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

Senna wrote: »
    A few years back me and the missus were enjoying a nice day at Rossnowlagh and one of these muppets was doing the exact same thing, only as he was trying to do a Donut he when too high up on the soft sand, well and truly burying his front bumper. I laughed and laughed, then when home and laughed some more:D

i seen that happen loads of times it is a good laugh indeed :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

They should be arrested for extreme ass-hattery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭lamai

is it ok to call these guys inbred morons?:)

Yeah the guy in the passenger seat kinda reminded me of a hillbilly Cretan. Doooooh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Aligator Farmer

Am I missing something or isn't it time that Cars were prevented from being on the beach at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

actully thought they had made a local by law against bringing cars on the beach at rossnowlagh my self,

surly the guards can still prosecute bassed on the amount of evidence there

bit like this one in barnsmore gap

Maybe I am watching to much CSI but I dint think it would be difficult to enhance that video and have positive identification of car and driver. Or maybe just contact the psni and ask them to visit the poster. Ah it all seems so simple but no doubt there are major red tape issues. Ahem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

It's not his fault, he must have a really small co*k and needs to make himself feel like a man in some other way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

back in the 90's my brother and a friend saw the squad car getting trapped by the incoming tide on Rossnowlagh beach. They needed to be towed out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Am I missing something or isn't it time that Cars were prevented from being on the beach at all?

Maybe cordoned off areas for cars, but its one (of the many) reasons i love Rossnowlagh beach, its so nice to drive down and just hop out with the dog, blanket, picnic etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

There ya go. Fixed that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

muffler wrote: »
    There ya go. Fixed that.

Oops cheers:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bohemianbond

their crime is dangerous/reckless driving

Advertisement