Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beach Net Fishing:

Options
  • 08-02-2010 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

Guys/girls, can you settle a debate:

I think it is illegal to fish with large nets on beaches (ie laying large nets) , even for flat fish on sand. Any persons doing so would need to be licenced through the appropriate fisheries authority.

Struggling to find specific details on the, er... net.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

Guys/girls, can you settle a debate:

I think it is illegal to fish with large nets on beaches (ie laying large nets) , even for flat fish on sand. Any persons doing so would need to be licenced through the appropriate fisheries authority.

Struggling to find specific details on the, er... net.

Thanks in advance

Rob
    Angling is the sport of fishing with a rod, so i dont think anyone will have an answer for you here tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭captainjack

Try asking here.

You should find someone who can help you out

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭gavlaw

you need a comercial fishing licence for net fishing you have to stay a certin distance from the shore.you can not use a net to fish for salmon or seatrout in irish waters HPIM2601.JPGHPIM2600.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭CityMan2010

Bingo! Much obliged for your assistance.....tight lines buddy...

rob

gavlaw wrote: »
    you need a comercial fishing licence for net fishing you have to stay a certin distance from the shore.you can not use a net to fish for salmon or seatrout in irish waters HPIM2601.JPGHPIM2600.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭CityMan2010

Poaching?

• Advertisement

no probs :) no not poaching we net the river every oct we take 60 hen fish and between 35 to 40 male fish [salmon] and we take the eggs from the hens and fertilise the eggs with the cock [male] fish an we raise the young an put them back into the river.to keep the stocks up if you look in my profile you will see a few more pics:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

no probs :) no not poaching we net the river every oct we take 60 hen fish and between 35 to 40 male fish [salmon] and we take the eggs from the hens and fertilise the eggs with the cock [male] fish an we raise the young an put them back into the river.to keep the stocks up if you look in my profile you will see a few more pics:)

Is that on the Crana?

Zzippy wrote: »
    Is that on the Crana?
    it sure is lad

Advertisement