Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

13 Year Old in City Centre Pub in the Evening

Options
  • 08-02-2010 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

We have some visitors and this is their last night in Ireland. I had hoped to show them an Irish pub before they headed back. If we (6 adults) were to head to a city centre pub this evening would they refuse entry to the 13 year old?

Sorry if it's a silly question. I don't really drink and neither I or my fiancee have children.......... yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭appleb

Children are not allowed in pubs after 9pm (and I totally agree!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I would chance my arm in one of the classics, Mulligans or O'Donoghues on Merrion Row, go in the side way and sit him/her down. I would say the barman will turn a blind eye on a Monday night. Just don't buy him/her booze! If you choose a pub that is doing food it shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

appleb wrote: »
    Children are not allowed in pubs after 9pm (and I totally agree!)

As I would normally but this isn't exactly a family Sunday afternoon in the pub. They just want to experience a little of the Irish pub thing. Anywhoo from both replies here I think they'll be leaving the youngster at home with one of the adults.

Many thanks for the swift replies.

Edit : We'd be in and gone before 9pm so does that make a difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Just because the law says 9pm doesn't mean some premises might not want children in the evening.

As against that I can't see too many places turning business away on a Monday, would be surprised if it was a problem as long as the kid is reasonably well-behaved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Go for it. Bring him/her in for a treat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

We went to the Foggy Due and were out by 8:45 so all was good. Thanks for the information folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭appleb

Alls well that ends well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

There won't be a problem before 9pm. Some pubs don't like the younger kids running around, but at 13, he/she should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

On a Monday night that'd never be a problem anywhere really. Any pub would be mad happy to see 6 adults arrive in, no matter who or what they brought with them I'd say!! :)

Advertisement