Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Pokéfans survive in sunlight?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

So is this still on for Thursday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

So what are all your plans entirely?

I'd come but I now have a committee meeting at 4, which cuts my available time to about two hours between half one and half three. Unless you lot come to DCU, that is.

Also, my sister went ahead and borrowed my DS before proceeding to lose it, so I'm stuck with her crummy, slightly broken one for the time being :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

So is this still on for Thursday?
    TheChrisD wrote: »
    So what are all your plans entirely?

I'd come but I now have a committee meeting at 4, which cuts my available time to about two hours between half one and half three. Unless you lot come to DCU, that is.

Also, my sister went ahead and borrowed my DS before proceeding to lose it, so I'm stuck with her crummy, slightly broken one for the time being :/

PM'd.
    (or at least, going too!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

At the moment it is still going ahead, but don't worry if you can't make it today, there will be other meetings. This one was hastly put together just to see what would happen.

Got the info off Cian.

I think I'll head along, sure I've got nothing else to do :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

I never got the PM. :(

Argh! I didn't make it :( Well I did but I was an hour late :P

Note to self: Be on time for next meeting.

So uhhh, everyone ran out of usable Pokémon, whited out, and were returned to the last visited Pokémon Center?

So was there a meet up? How did it go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I want to hear too.

I told Buzz and Chris why I couldn't et there.

Sadly, kitty's not coming home.:(

I'll make the next meet up, promise!

• Advertisement

Unfortunately I didn't make it owing mainly to waking up at ten to one...

That and even if I had been up on time today I probably wouldn't have gotten out of my two-hour lecture on time to get into town for one, as my classmates told me they were in there until about 12.50.

The main thing for organising the next one is: when is everybody free next?

I'm free on weekends.

Gloom wrote: »
    I never got the PM. :(
    I PM'd those that posted on this thread, so I apogise if I missed your post
    Argh! I didn't make it :( Well I did but I was an hour late :P

Note to self: Be on time for next meeting.
    I waited with my mate until 1.25pm, then we did a last ditch walk around the area with Pikabag on display, before going for lunch. My other mate that showed up and went to Supermacs, so queue a long chat sitting under the air con. Brrr!

It's okay though, it happens.
    Unfortunately I didn't make it owing mainly to waking up at ten to one...
    The main thing for organising the next one is: when is everybody free next?
    I'm (mostly) 100% free Monday to Thursday, free before 3 on Fridays, free before 3 on Saturday and unavailable on Sunday (the pain for a part time weekend job -_-).
    Usually I have nothing else to do but sit around and do housework, so anything that gets me out of the house is great.

As I may have mentioned before, the only good day for me is Tuesday - since every other day of the week I'm stuck in college for the vast majority of the day. Although Firday afternoons are free as well.

I can also suggest Wednesday afternoons, but I could only go at that time if we were meeting up in DCU itself, since I need to be around for setting up console gaming...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I could only go at that time if we were meeting up in DCU itself, since I need to be around for setting up console gaming...

Are you on Gamessoc committee by any chance? I was Secretary for a year so it used to be me setting up the consoles on Wednesday evenings :)

With my full-time job I couldn't really go to a meet-up outside evenings and weekends.

elekid wrote: »
    Are you on Gamessoc committee by any chance? I was Secretary for a year so it used to be me setting up the consoles on Wednesday evenings :)

With my full-time job I couldn't really go to a meet-up outside evenings and weekends.

Yup. It's also why I can kind of suggest Wednesdays since I'm generally in the console and handheld sort of mood anyway. Plus there's always a corner of the Old Bar that we never use that us Pokégeeks can be shoved into :)

*goes searching through old committee lists*

So let's plan for a Wednesday, then. Today is wayyy to shot to do stuff but how about the 3rd March (can anyone do that?). I can't do the 10th of March right now, something superduper exciting just came up, but I could possible do the Thursday. I really want to tell what it is, but I really shouldn't, but
    keep some €s and the 14th of March free

If TheChrisD is okay with hiding a half a dozen Pokégeeks and the Old Bar doesn't mind non students ordering drinks, then I see no reason for going there or indeed meeting some in town and then heading to DCU afterwards.

Just a couple of things to point out:

- The Old Bar is no longer a "bar" of sorts, it's become the new seminar room after that was turned into the Xbox mezzanine; so no drinks (or anythine for that matter) available.
    - I need to read up on the current nuBar policy regarding non-students. If it's like before then I can sign two guests in, but that's is unfortunately :(
    - This Wednesday is definitely not good as there's a tournament being run, and so with the usual extra flood of people who only come because of the possiblity to win something, I'll be in way over my head...

Plus I need to clear it with the rest of the committee for outsiders to be in with us.

OK, clarification for this Wednesday - our tournament is beind held before the normal console gaming session at 2pm, and I think we're in the back of the bar, so it's very possible we can meet in the pool table room just next to it.

Otherwise give it a couple of weeks, I think we're changing up Wednesdays in such a way as to make this easier to have.

Advertisement