Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Daily Barometer.

Options
  • 08-02-2010 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭

Basically put up your rating of the day[you don't have to explain why]

I just think it's a good halfway between yaaahh and arrrgh for those several degrees of "meh" we all go through.

10-so good it should/is illegal.

1-I've just failed 15 out of my 12 college exams and owe my drug dealer my legs.

0-need a hug

11-for when you just need to crank it up to 11.

How are you feeling? 60 votes

0% 0 votes
    5% 3 votes
    3% 2 votes
    6% 4 votes
    5% 3 votes
    18% 11 votes
    23% 14 votes
    8% 5 votes
    10% 6 votes
    10% 6 votes
    3% 2 votes
    6% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Justst an average enough day at school, waiting for the final few months of last year to come to an end.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭thatone!

It just hasn't been a good day :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

10-so good it ... is illegal.

1-I ... owe my drug dealer my legs.

0-need a hug

Reads like a depressing novel tbh :P

I'll say 6 or so, started back in college, fairly good day but nothing spectacular about it.

Also not sure I get the point of the poll, since we can only vote once it becomes obsolete the day after you cast your vote?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

you can vote multiple times[maybe i'm taking this the wrong way]

I was just putting it up to see how happy/sad we all are over a period of time

EDIT:yep,your right,internet fail to me,I think.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I voted multiple times! :)

• Advertisement

you can vote multiple times[maybe i'm taking this the wrong way]

I was just putting it up to see how happy/sad we all are over a period of time

EDIT:yep,your right,internet fail to me,I think.

Yeah you can vote for more than one option, but only if you vote for them all simultaneously :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

A three. Better than I expected but I'm still quite upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Today was made of fail for a million and one reasons. But I'm finally starting to get some kind of grasp on Nervous Shock (have to write an obscenely long essay on it..) which is kinda nice... So like....3. But I would also like a hug :p(Pretty sure I'd need more than a hug if my day was worse than failing 15 of my 12 exams and I owed my drug dealer my legs! :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

i put down seven.
    good enough day but nothing that spectacular!

Today was made of fail for a million and one reasons. But I'm finally starting to get some kind of grasp on Nervous Shock (have to write an obscenely long essay on it..) which is kinda nice... So like....3. But I would also like a hug :p(Pretty sure I'd need more than a hug if my day was worse than failing 15 of my 12 exams and I owed my drug dealer my legs! :p)
    probably true,but I do give pretty epic hugs...:pac:

and sure you're not dead,it's not too bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Woke up this morning, having slept on my hand, so it was totally numb, meaning when I picked up my phone to turn off the alarm, I dropped it instantly.

Legs were too stiff to even consider trying to go to college for my early lectures.

Had a shower, struggled to get out because it was so nice and warm, sore legs+nice shower=win. This made me miss my bus that I needed

Realised I have a stupid amount of assignments and tutorials to do this week.

Went all the way to the library in UCD only to have the most unproductive 3 hours of my life.

Got a roll in 9-11 which was the most half assed attempt at a sandwich I have ever got, never going in there again if that guy is serving.

Went home, had duck for dinner NYOM.

Went to work, found more boxes of crap hidden away taking up space, filled with stuff the school doesnt need, but wont get thrown out.....

I am now procrastinating. :(

5ish?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I went for a 7.

Made it into college on time, went to all my lectures, had a 3 hour break before my tutorial which I spent in the library catching up on notes.

Got home and dinner was ready.

Planning a holiday in the summer with my boyfriend which will be fun.

Oh an my mum just made more home made flapjacks.

Pretty good day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Went for 3.

wasn't very happy with how business exam went and i'm just feeling kinda down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Fad wrote: »
    Woke up this morning, having slept on my hand, so it was totally numb, meaning when I picked up my phone to turn off the alarm, I dropped it instantly.
    Oh man I hate when that happens. I sleep between my elbow and my shoulder, or just my entire body on one arm, and the arm goes completely numb, I then wake up, it feels like I have no arm! I'll never forget the first time it happened, frightened the **** outta me!

Anyway, when the alarm goes off, or the phone ringing in the morning, it's a major pain in the arse.

I went with a 7 - had a good enough day at school, got a decent enough amount of study done, I have an Irish test tomorrow but I don't feel completely unprepared. I'm still behind in a few subjects, especially German and English (quotes...oh quotes) since Christmas. With friends and everything all is grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Actually on the inability to re-vote tomorrow, mods can edit polls right? Why not just get them to black it every day???

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Actually on the inability to re-vote tomorrow, mods can edit polls right? Why not just get them to black it every day???
    it'd be nice to,but we can't really expect them to.they aren't all on everyday you know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Stayed up too late last night, forgot to change my alarm from "vibrate" to "ringing" so I slept through it, missed 3 lectures, made it in for my last one only to find that it was a complete waste of time (remedial anatomy in a physiology lecture, nonsensical), bought some groceries and am now in the library on boards when I should be preparing for a 9 o clock tutorial :(

But I met up with some lovely girl for tea and I don't suffer from any chronic illnesses or drug addictions so I gave myself a 10. Love my life :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I gave myself a 7. My guaranteed A in Biology didn't happen in the mocks today but i have the next three days off and next week is the midterm :D so yeah i'm pretty happy.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Went exercising and playing badminton so I was at a 8, but then some personal problems so about a 5 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Going with a 5.

Got anitbiotics off the doctor. Missed all college including a chem lab but I have a cert so meh. The damn train was a commuter one so queue 3 hours of fidgeting in an attempt to get halfways comfortable. Optimism and motivation obtained in the evening.

Prospect of 8am appointment is annoying me. Really need to sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

deise_girl wrote: »
    I voted multiple times! :)
    To elaborate Ive went from crap to happy, happy to crap so I just clicked them all, its more accurate this way =D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

deise_girl wrote: »
    To elaborate Ive went from crap to happy, happy to crap so I just clicked them all, its more accurate this way =D

Oh hormones...

Hotaru wrote: »
    Oh hormones...
    yeah,i'd kill for some endorphines right now*

oh yeah,Biology stays in your brain forever kids,remember that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I wish biology was in my head this morning for my mock! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Im still failing to see the point of this thread..
    It kinda makes sense, but at the same time seems entirely superfluous.

phlegms wrote: »
    Im still failing to see the point of this thread..
    It kinda makes sense, but at the same time seems entirely superfluous.

It seems like it'll end up being used exactly the same as the Yaaaah and Aaaargh threads kinda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Pygmalion wrote: »
    It seems like it'll end up being used exactly the same as the Yaaaah and Aaaargh threads kinda.

Which is why I completely fail to see the point in it's existence :S

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

(0+10)/2 would be the average rating of how all my days have been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I got up for my 9am lecture at 2pm.
    5 hours late = 5 rating for me. =/

On the plus side, I'm eating a hot chicken roll right now. Om nom nom.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

A 6,perhaps a 7, until I came home from school. Now, a 3. 4 at a push.

Advertisement