Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Daily Barometer.

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

10! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Umm, whats lau gar?

Kickboxing, I think :)

7. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

x = my day rating

2x = 16

Find x.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

jumpguy wrote: »
    x = my day rating

2x = 16

Find x.

error: invalid suffix "x" on integer constant

Pygmalion wrote: »
    error: invalid suffix "x" on integer constant
    PLEASE FIX MY EQUATION! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

x = my day rating

2x = 16

Find x.
    X = 8

yesterday was an 11 in my books. Spent the morning finishing my pres so was happy to get them done. Then spent 11.15 am to 10.15 pm with my friends getting food, going to sherlock holmes in cinema, chipping in to buy a soccer ball which we played with in shopping centre car park for 3 hours before putting it on omniplex roof. Went to friends house and had a playstation fest until 10.15 last night

definition of epicness!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

10 again! :D

5<x<7 x∈N

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

5<x<7

FYP.

Jay P wrote: »
    FYP.
    FFS I thought nobody would have noticed before the edit. How did it take you so long to post it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

FFS I thought nobody would have noticed before the edit. How did it take you so long to post it?
    I saw it too. I was going to say it had no solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Last second I decided to remove an extra line and embolden the "<"

Still can't be solved. You're missing what set it belongs to. xŠZ? xŠR? xŠN? xŠQ? ya i know the symbol is wrong but its the closest thing to the "element of" symbol on my phone

5<x<7 x?N
    Yay, i corrected jumpguy on something maths related! :eek: and he even went to the trouble to find the official symbol!

edit:symbol didn.t quote right

5<x<7 is a set of solutions in itself sure. Providing it's in Z, Q, R, N. Doesn't work for P as 6 isn't prime. Don't think it works for C either as I'm not sure you can compare complex numbers.

Assuming it uses integers as in the poll, the set has a single solution: 6

Davidius wrote: »
    5<x<7 is a set of solutions in itself sure. Providing it's in Z, Q, R, N. Doesn't work for P as 6 isn't prime. Don't think it works for C either as I'm not sure you can compare complex numbers.

Assuming it uses integers as in the poll, the set has a single solution: 6
    It uses natural numbers but that doesn't affect the answer

Jackobyte wrote: »
    It uses natural numbers but that doesn't affect the answer
    Well it really depends on how the set N is defined, which is often based on whether it's either non-zero integers or positive integers. It's not given so it's safer to assume it's Z.

Well it really depends on how the set N is defined, which is often based on whether it's either non-zero integers or positive integers. It's not given so it's safer to assume it's Z.
    It is given, he edited it in after i asked and in jc higher level maths, n={0,1,2,3...}, so in this case it wouldn't affect the answer.

It is given, he edited it in after i asked and in jc higher level maths, n={0,1,2,3...}, so in this case it wouldn't affect the answer.
    Yeah but you're forgetting the Theorem that states jumpguy is always wrong (unless he agrees with me).

JC maths is not reliable, it believes 22/7 is a decent approximation for pi. Other than that my college maths usually excludes zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

Must every thread be derailed into a discussion about maths?:pac:

• Advertisement

Yes.

Yeah but you're forgetting the Theorem that states jumpguy is always wrong (unless he agrees with me).

JC maths is not reliable, it believes 22/7 is a decent approximation for pi. Other than that my college maths usually excludes zero.
    Nowadays, they usually ask for your answer in terms of pi or just won't say anything, no "take ¶ as 3.14" meaning you use the pi button on calculator so its becoming more accurate, to 10 decimal places before rounding or a multiple of pi now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

That's what this was made for!

Hotaru wrote: »
    That's what this was made for!
    I'm not vain enough to believe i am worthy to claim to be a genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

I'm not vain enough to believe i am worthy to claim to be a genius.

So...many... prepositions....if I was an English teacher that sentence would make my head explode.

So...many... prepositions....if I was an English teacher that sentence would make my head explode.
    Makes sense and is a perfectly valid sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

*apathetic mumbling*

Advertisement