Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grails Web Application Ideas

Options
  • 08-02-2010 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently learning the Groovy language and Grails framework and am hoping to build a web application while I'm learning.
    I'd like this to be a substantial challenge as I'd like to get an in-depth understanding of this area, as I hope to move by career in this direction in the future.
    At the moment I work as a Java developer, mainly using JEE and Spring technologies.
    Has anyone any ideas for an interesting web application that I could work on as I build up my learning of this technology? I'd like this to be something I could make available for other end-users or programmers to take up when I'm finished.
    I've had a few ideas like an online hotel reservation system, an online store, a dating site but I'm sure there's plenty of these already out there.
    So...anyone got any exciting ideas?
    Thanks!

Advertisement