Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Suspense Questions

Options
  • 08-02-2010 9:33pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I had my mock today, and I realised that I messed up badly on the Suspense Question.

When you journalise the entries, you are supposed to write in 'Being correction of error........ etc.' after each entry but I left room to do this, leaving the actual writing to the end. But I left the exam and completely forgot to put in the writing - so all my journal has is the figures, no writing (I forget what the writing is called!)

How many marks will I lose for this? I looked at the marking scheme for past suspense questions, but it doesn't make reference to how many marks are lost if the writing is omitted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

Did you not even write in the account names?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I did I wrote things like

Purchases a/c 3000 cr
    Suspense a/c 1200 dr
    etc.

But where you have to write: Being correction of error: Stock was incorrectly treated as cash sales..... etc. I didn't write anything!

How many marks, roughly, will I lose for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

Not being smart, but how are we supposed to know how many marks you'll lose if the official marking scheme doesn't know

?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Burswood wrote: »
    Not being smart, but how are we supposed to know how many marks you'll lose if the official marking scheme doesn't know

?
    Er, what?

I'm not touching the suspense question in the mocks with a ten foot pole.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Er, what?

I'm not touching the suspense question in the mocks with a ten foot pole.

Me too,
    Q1(Comp or Sole trader)

Ratios
    Club/Service

Marginal Costing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Lithium.

There's a mocks thread ... >>>>

to answer your question yes id say you loose a minimum amount of marks only

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lithium.

Please excuse my last comment , it was removed , :)

So can you tell me what to expect on the exam ? :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Lithium. wrote: »
    Please excuse my last comment , it was removed , :)

So can you tell me what to expect on the exam ? :)

If you go to the huge Mocks thread, you will find out!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

I think it's one mark per comment. Not 100% sure but it's not a huge amount lost for you.

I asked my teacher on Friday. She said that she already had mine corrected, and that I only lost one park per narration omitted and I even managed to get an A1 for the whole thing! If only the other subjects went as well as Accounting :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

congratulations. Best I can hope for is a B3 after messing up my q1

Advertisement