Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subjects you regret doing

• 08-02-2010 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

Ar they're any subjects you chose in 1st/4th year that you regret doing now ?

For me it's home economics! I hate it, it's boring, pointless and just boring!
    Plus my teacher fills us with a load of information that we don't actually need to know - because she wants us to impress the examiner! :(

wish I did art instead, but I didn't want to pick it up in 5th year

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Applied Maths. Im terrible at it but I've just been doing it too long to quit. Like I've dug a hole and the only way out is to keep digging until I reach the 25th June:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Yes history especially. The course is so long to revise. And the teacher never repeats anything so it's in one ear and out the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

For me it's business :( I loved it from first to third year because i had a great teacher and then I picked it for the leaving cert thinking it would be fine. Seriously hate the subject i know it's not that hard you just have to learn off information but i've no in it interest anymore. Not sure what other subject i would have picked instead though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Japanese..Should have stuck with Spanish :(

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

ECONOMICS:mad: all we do is take down notes! our teacher doesn't even go through them with us and he thinks we have the course covered! I haven't learned a thing this year, i wish i done geography instead and maybe do economics outside school...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

I don't regret anything :D Sure I took accounting, homec and biz but I started off with Physics and realised how awful it was after 5 months and switched. I regret wasting 5 months of my life trying my best but only getting Cs in a subject that I would drop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Physics for sure, I'm good at maths but I've no idea what's going on in this class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_Am_The_Walrus

Art just because of art history!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

Applied Maths would be horrible if you dont also do Higher Maths and Physics.
    I seriously regret not doing Spanish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

French
    Physics
    Construction

:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

By a country mile, the subject I regret the most is ....ART

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

Chemistry. The subject of the devil. I need it for college though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Despite loving them,I regret my subject choices immensely. (Chemistry,physics,economics.)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,118 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Biology for sure. History I do find hard but ive got an excellent teacher, thats part of the reason I chose it because I knew id have him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Art just because of art history!!!
    Ditto, it's just cruel expecting us artist types to write essays about museums and stone works and all the craic. Totally stifles our creativity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Art aswell I think... Should have kept on History or Business I think.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Physics isn't as good as I'd thought it would be. If the whole course was based on mechanics it would be great! But I just find the whole theory behind electricity etc. to be annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

Home ec- pointless, and far too broad.
    Music- teacher too soft, cant work at it.
    French- thought i needed it for college, but i dont. Hate it with a passion.

Love chemistry though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

I'm with timbuk2 on this one, physics is my big regret. Unlike the rest of ye though I love applied maths, it's the only one I'm half ready for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭laura93

History simply because there's too much on the course

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

French - I too thought I needed it, regret taking it... Not extremely difficult but I hate oral exams >_<.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Alice10

Physics deffo! i have no idea whats going on and as hard as i try to learn electricity i just cant understand it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Alice10 wrote: »
    Physics deffo! i have no idea whats going on and as hard as i try to learn electricity i just cant understand it
    Totally! I don't regret taking it since I need it but I don't understand a thing about electricity. (and there's so much questions about it too) Love Particle physics though.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

Chemistry. D= Just why did I take it why! >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY.

Chemistry_by_Oroborus.png.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Alice10

i only kept on physics an chem because i thought i needed them but i dont any more. and now if jus worrying that i could have done much better in other subjects and wont get the points in these :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Accounting! Takes soooo long to do a simple account!

All that Physics hate talk is making me sad =(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Accounting! Takes soooo long to do a simple account!

All that Physics hate talk is making me sad =(

I think it just depends on the person,for me higher level accounting is really easy.
    If I didn't need French to get into Uni I would of done business instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I think the teacher you have also has a big impact on whether you like a subject or not, i know it did for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Stryderman wrote: »
    ECONOMICS:mad: all we do is take down notes! our teacher doesn't even go through them with us and he thinks we have the course covered! I haven't learned a thing this year, i wish i done geography instead and maybe do economics outside school...

Keep working at the economics it gets easier eventually,
    I really hadn't a clue about some topics last year(Elasticity or Market Structures) but after some revision this year it's going a lot better.

Advertisement