Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subjects you regret doing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

At least ye get to take physics. Our school doesnt do it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭window_licker

classics, without a doubt
    and spanish, ugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Keep working at the economics it gets easier eventually,
    I really hadn't a clue about some topics last year(Elasticity or Market Structures) but after some revision this year it's going a lot better.

Ya macro is way easier than graph town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

French. Would rather not have the extra language.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Business. Easy enough but I absolutely loathe it. Physics. iFail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

PlayGirl wrote: »
    For me it's home economics! I hate it, it's boring, pointless and just boring!
    Plus my teacher fills us with a load of information that we don't actually need to know - because she wants us to impress the examiner! :(
    Em, I know it tends to be an alien concept these days, but LC subjects / courses are supposed to be about more than just what is likely to come up on the exams! :)
    and spanish, ugh
    Really? I loved Spanish. Couldn't abide French though, mainly because I couldn't get my tongue round it.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭cailin_donn

don't regret anything!! I took up home ec in 5th year (hadn't done it for JC) and I love it It's a bit of science, a bit of business and social studies. I think it's really interesting, and I'm glad I swapped Bio for Home Ec because I think I would've struggled in Bio, whereas I find Home Ec grand.

i do History, Art and German aswell.
    History- OK, the course is really long, but it's so interesting and worth it.

Art- again, I enjoy it. Especially heading off to Art while others are going to Accounting/Business/Biology etc., not that it's a "handy" subject, but I enjoy the history part of it, and the practical aspect takes some pressure off for exams.

German- Probably one of the subjects i most struggle with. Saying that, I still manage a B2/B3 average. The odd time, I wonder should I have kept on French, but then looking at the Oral, I'm so glad I did German!

Other subjects that might have been good: Geography, maybe..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

LCVP. Biggest waste of my time ever. Realised I'm gonna get the points elsewhere, class is full of morons, rest of the year gets a study class when we have LCVP.....dont get me started..

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Psychedelia

Seloth wrote: »
    Japanese..Should have stuck with Spanish :(

are you doing that outside of school?

do you just not like it?

aren't there 60 characters on for LC?

i kinda wish i'd done it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 knwaca

French, absolute nuicance of a subject, would have prefered anything but at the the time we were told we would never get into uni without it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

Seloth wrote: »
    Ya macro is way easier than graph town.

What?! Graph town is where its at! It makes far more sense, is easier and is much more interesting then all that theory. Although since my teacher was the best Maths teacher in the school, it makes sense that she would be better teaching the graph side of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

are you doing that outside of school?

do you just not like it?

aren't there 60 characters on for LC?

i kinda wish i'd done it!

By characters do you mean Kanji? According to the syllabus, there's 111 but it is incredibly easy and I know their meaning before I even started Katakana (don't know pronunciation though, since it changes in different sentences and context >_<). I should've done more work in 5th year at Japanese, otherwise I wouldn't have dropped it. (or during summer) otherwise it would be easy points(worth more than Link Modules even if I fail the oral). I really lack motivation when I don't have a teacher to guide me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Conor108 wrote: »
    Applied Maths. Im terrible at it but I've just been doing it too long to quit. Like I've dug a hole and the only way out is to keep digging until I reach the 25th June:D

Applied Maths was the subject I found the hardest all the way through 5th & 6th year. It was my 8th subject and I debated constantly about whether or not I should give it up and just concentrate on the other 7. In the end it was the only exam of the LC that I came out of knowing I'd got my A1. So stick with it, you could be surprised!

History
    French
    Accounting

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Keep working at the economics it gets easier eventually,
    I really hadn't a clue about some topics last year(Elasticity or Market Structures) but after some revision this year it's going a lot better.

Wow dude. That sucks big time. Theres always questions on the two of them. Well pretty much. Always a market. They're pretty easy. Diagrams can be a bit annoying though. I love Economics. Easy enough and the learning isn't that huge.

I regret Biology. I thought I wanted to do some class of a nursing course. Oh if I only knew. I loathe the subject and couldn't be bothered doing anything in it, but I still do. I need a B3+. Wish I had done Geography instead.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Irish.

Oh wait... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

Geography. I'm not even bad at it, but it's just so dull. I enjoy most of my subjects, but Geography bores me to tears..

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

chem & economics

wished that i did home ec instead of economics
    chem chosed it bec i needed for course i wanted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I don't really doing any of the subjects Im doing Technology, Business and Geography because they tie in very well. I am just a bit annoyed I didn't get to do Economics.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ChristinaIndigo

Regret the combo of History & Art (which includes Art History).
    Both subjects I'd love if they were on their own, but, having huge essays for both of them, as well as English & Geography essays every weekend isn't great!

Everywhere I look - there's essays, essays & more essays and they all have to be precise, otherwise, they won't work for studying from.
    Takes me hours - BIC are making are fortune!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

Geography, just a little bit. The book we have is really all over the place and that makes things a little difficult. I also find it really boring at times and the timing in the exam is a bit of a killer!!

I like everything else I chose though (German, Chemistry and Biology) and the only subject I hate with a passion is English!

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

I hated Biology in fifth year, so much so that I gave it up just before the summer. Best decision I ever made :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 FuzzyMuffin

i serioulsy regret physics now... i used to love the subject but now we have this new teacher who, instead of teaching us, tells us stories about how she's best friends with the guy who invented the floppy disc, the microwave, the hard disk drive and owns NASA... and then she cant tell us his name because '' its a long story'' ....grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

In September of 5th year I picked economics for some stupid reason instead of Physics because "it's basically the exact same as maths" even though at the time I really wanted to do maths in college. 6 months later I took the plunge and switched to physics :) Best decision EVER!

I also picked French, Geography and Music.
    I was saying for ages that I should have done German instead of French because I really disliked my teacher. Then I realised she knew her stuff and I started listening to her and walked out with an A2 with not a whole lot of work.

Music is the biggest regret. Such a horribly awful subject. It was boring and we never did work in class. If I did geography at that time instead, I could have done Chemistry instead, which I think I could have liked... Ah well!

I also really regret not working in Applied Maths and dropping it after Christmas in 6th year. I'm doing maths in college now, and some of the stuff is exactly the same as applied maths and it's grand. I just never worked and it's really annoying because I could have done really well in that and maybe actually have gotten results that are closer to what I wanted, even though I did get my course.

Still though, hindsight is 20/20 and all that. I'm happy now and that's all that counts.

And wow, that was quite long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭irish-anabel

ART!!!! art.... where do I start!!! I didn't even want to choose it but my subject combos didnt work. I'm actually not bad at drawing doing the stuff once I get going but it's SO time consuming and I can never motivate myself because I ALWAYS think it's going to be a disaster. And then the art history, the bane of my life. My teacher does the most BORING choices eg. for Irish art we just do the celtic ****e. The most BORING thing ever and impossible to remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Evan93

I like all the subjects I picked. The only subject I do not like is Irish but I can't do anything about that. It's good that I have the choice to drop down to pass if I want because I am willing to work at my other subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Theatre studies. Absolutely train wreck of a subject taught by a teacher who literally had no clue what she was doing. Got an A1 in it so it's all good though.
    (this was in Belgium though)

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

If i could go back i would pick every subject with a project

Technology
    Engineering
    Music (kinda)
    DCG
    Construction

I perform better in the run up than i do under pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

i like all of my subjects except business, its so boring and my teacher just reads stuff directly out of the book and tells us stories, oh and irish but i cant do much about that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 taylorisme

chemistry :(
    i hate it with a passion!

Advertisement