Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subjects you regret doing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deanswift

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY.

Chemistry_by_Oroborus.png.jpg

best laugh i've had in a long time, this chemistry student shows promise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Scan Man

Irish and come June, I'll probably regret Higher Level Biology as well :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 poppygirlx

I HATE AG SCIENCE SO MUCH. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭Mazda

BUSINESS!!!!!
    Picked it for the "easy" A, holy shmokes did I choose badly... There is SO much to learn! I dropped it in 1st year - cos I hated the theory - and picked it up again in 5th? What was I actually thinking?? It is without a doubt the most boring subject in the world and I can never finish exam q's on time :(

Also, Chemistry. Love it, find it really interesting, but want to shoot the Chief Examiner! The marking scheme is so finicky, they accept an answer one year and the next its not detailed enough grrrr...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Maher08

classical studies, the topics we're doing are very heavy and boring, mostly philosophy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

Yep, History and Construction :(

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

Chemistry :(

had a crap teacher in 5th year so we are like a year behind teacher now is even worse, she just reads really fast and doesnt explain it at all. we asked her to revise and she just went on to the next chapter:(

if only i didn't need it for college :(

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭itsokay

has to be business!!:mad: soo boring every chapter is the same and i literally cant remember when i learnt something in it. im pretty much as good as i was in jc.

plus doesnt help when ur teacher is ridiculously bad and painstakingly sore to listen to:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

MaggieNF wrote: »
    Chemistry :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWCv-ymhpfY

Amused me, if nothing else. And I actually did start to remember bits of it.

i hate construction sooooo much, why the f..k didnt i do business its so boring.

i also have the worst teacher in the world who couldnt care less about us

never ever do construction.

rant over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

history!
    Love it at junior and was really good!
    But L.C history just ruined it all for me had a crap teacher then i just started to hate the whole thing and i failed in my mocks!
    Which never happened to me that i failed a history exam

I guess maybe biology cos i just dont get it....but have a brill teacher so thats help!=)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 fuzzel

Religion is by far my worst subject for the leaving. It's like taking the history course, making it bigger, and then giving you no choice on the paper :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Regret art, not cos I don't like it but cos it's so hard to do well in in comparison to anything else...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

I seriously regret doing Biology. I still don't know why I chose that over music:confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Technology. Theory is easy but the practical.. may as well hang myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 repeatLC

applied maths defo, cant do it to save my life :D

I had a lucky escape from chemistry in 5th year:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

L.C.V.P., without a doubt the most boring subject ever invented. I have 3 teachers for it and they constantly contradict each other. So thanks to them, I'll have to suffice with a merit due to my piece of s**t portfolio:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I sometimes regret doing art, I love it but it's such a difficult subjects to get a decent grade in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Lawliet wrote: »
    I sometimes regret doing art, I love it but it's such a difficult subjects to get a decent grade in.

Same.. I only recently found out that only 1% get an A1..

I got an A in the Junior Cert and thats why I kept it on.. and because I enjoy it also but to be honest I regret it now. I'd be happy with a B in it.

I also think the history part is too much of a precentage.. its like a never ending course aswell..

I wish I had kept Business on.. its somewhat useful at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭AmyMaria

History. I'm doing the early modern course and finding it really difficult. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭straight_As

Physics is easy but Christ, it is potentially the most boring subject you'll ever set eyes.

That said applied maths and me are homedogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Irish
    Physics
    German

I was forced to do two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭whelpy

B'fhearr liom an cat marbh na maths (sorry couldn't resist (might be wrong)
    chemistry cos i was alway brutal with the titrations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Screwedforlc

lalee17 wrote: »
    Chemistry. The subject of the devil. I need it for college though.

Chem is **** i recomend no one do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Love chemistry! Sssh all yo chemistry haters

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭_Chaos

BIOLOGY.

oh god.
    there are actually no words to describe how much I really do hate it, and to make matters worse, we have the double class last thing on a friday. and she always does theory, which involves her reading from the book for 1 hour 20mins. nothing else. she doesnt explain it, or vary her tone of voice.
    Most days im so bored, I could cry.

I was expecting something different, I thought it would be really interesting learning about the body and everything, but oh no. i discovered i couldnt care less about chloroplasts or what the hell homostatious is.

Good news is, I love everything else!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

I did the LC last year, and the subject I regret picking the most is Business. It's just so horrendously tedious and bland, and it's almost like they're trying to come up with all these ridiculous methods of keeping the grade curve normal and stopping people from getting high grades, like not telling you how many points to give in answers, asking vague questions and then demanding that certain "key words" be included in your answer, not giving you enough time to do the exam... Ugh :mad:

I liked Chemistry a lot during the LC, but now that I'm finished my first year of college I know that Physics and Biology are both FAR easier (for me at least). Pretty unfortunate really.

I also regretted picking History during my LC year because it's such a tough subject, but in hindsight I'm actually very glad I did it. It's a very worthwhile subject to study despite being unusually tough compared to others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

chose art over geography
    i dont know why as i was really good at geog got a b in jc
    i think i was looking for doss in art. how wrong i was bloody history of art fair focking hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

French...should have done Italian. Its actually so boring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭validusername

Chemistry without a doubt!

Advertisement