Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subjects you regret doing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

Chemistry without a doubt!
    I agree with you one that and I also regret doing economics and I dont really like business as much!
    but whats done is done

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

1fahy4 wrote: »
    I did the LC last year, and the subject I regret picking the most is Business. It's just so horrendously tedious and bland, and it's almost like they're trying to come up with all these ridiculous methods of keeping the grade curve normal and stopping people from getting high grades, like not telling you how many points to give in answers, asking vague questions and then demanding that certain "key words" be included in your answer, not giving you enough time to do the exam... Ugh :mad:

couldnt agree more. It would be a great subject if the exam wasnt such a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Economics is beginning to test me. Some things just going over my head at the moment. All the equilibrium graphs and the defining has to be spot on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Keano! wrote: »
    Economics is beginning to test me. Some things just going over my head at the moment. All the equilibrium graphs and the defining has to be spot on too.

Definitions in economics have to be spot on, yeah. Its really silly too, like if you can explain something and show you know what it is, why do ya have to use their words?

Hope its not like this in college:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

stainluss wrote: »
    Definitions in economics have to be spot on, yeah. Its really silly too, like if you can explain something and show you know what it is, why do ya have to use their words?

Hope its not like this in college:rolleyes:

you know what i mean :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

CONSTRUCTION It is the bane of my life!!! The project is stressing me out sooo much I actually cant sleep because of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Most def Home Economics...its just so so so crap, if only I had taken music....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭0.M.GXX

agricultural science def... :(:O:( interview on friday.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Definitely business. So long, so tedious and so hard to study for me because I forget everything the next day. My teacher is brilliant though and so nice.
    I still have ambiguous feelings about chemistry, I really like it and the theory is so interesting, but the maths aspect is so annoying! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭answer me

For me i wish i never picked BIOLOGY:(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭grinds

lalee17 wrote: »
    Chemistry. The subject of the devil. I need it for college though.

You'd be suprised... Chemistry is one of the best subjects to pick up marks in. It is very predicitible and can be broken down into manageable topics. Some questins pop up every year. e.g. Rates of reaction, 1 of 6 organic experiments, thermochemistry etc. Each of these topics is quite manageable on its own. It's only when students look at the subject as a whole that they see the devil staring back at them. Take a look at a single topic that comes up every year e.g. rates of reaction, and you'll see Bambi staring back at you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I actually like French now ( better teacher).
    Out of all my subjects though I'd say biology is the least interesting. Its just endless rote learning, and way too much about plants. They barely go into any detail about human biology. I prefer chemistry and physics tbh because there is more thinking involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I absolutly HATE business. Loved it for the JC so thats why i decided to do it but it's sooooo boring :(.. I wish i'd done chemistry instead!

I actually like French now ( better teacher).
    Out of all my subjects though I'd say biology is the least interesting. Its just endless rote learning, and way too much about plants. They barely go into any detail about human biology. I prefer chemistry and physics tbh because there is more thinking involved.

There's actually more human biology on the course than there is plant biology! That's the reason I chose it, I love human biology, HATE plant biology, so the overall subject is a bit of a 'meh' one. But we're starting HB soon so s'all good. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

There's actually more human biology on the course than there is plant biology! That's the reason I chose it, I love human biology, HATE plant biology, so the overall subject is a bit of a 'meh' one. But we're starting HB soon so s'all good. :cool:
    The dissections are pretty great though, I just find that with human biology its like heres the stomach: it does x,y and z. Its a shame they don't go into how/why/illnesses.

And plants are just totally irrelevant to everything, so I have no idea why its even on the course.

The dissections are pretty great though, I just find that with human biology its like heres the stomach: it does x,y and z. Its a shame they don't go into how/why/illnesses.

And plants are just totally irrelevant to everything, so I have no idea why its even on the course.

I'd love if we learnt more about illnesses too! I'm not too keen on the whole dissection thing, definitely won't be doing the experiment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I really regret choosing history. Theres a great teacher and a **** teacher for 5th years this year - guess who I got.

We had 3 classes today - he just looked at pictures of tanks. Seriously... :|
    And its such a huge course, I dont remember anything about Stalin/Mussolini/Hitler, the other class are doing great, its so frustrating :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

Business - Love the teacher and the subject but hate it at the same time! I'm terrible at learning theory so all though I know it I don't know the wording..! :(
    History - HATED the subject and teacher, only picked it because Northern Ireland was the document section. Gave it up though, doing applied maths now!

Happy with everything else, might have kept German instead of French but that was way back at the end of first year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I love my option subjects (Geography, French, Music, Business) but I despise English!. I got an A in HL JC but the way essays are marked at Leaving Cert. standard is ridiculous!. I wrote a ****e essay at the start of the year and got an A2. I wrote one about a week ago and put loads of effort into it. It was about the breakdown of communicaton in modern society. The debate trainer (also an English Teacher) said it was of A1 standard and used it in one of our debates. My stupid English teacher gave me a bleeding C1.. :(.. I asked her what was wrong with it, she replied: "I just didn't like it" ???????... WTF? So annoying like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I wish I could drop Irish.
    Or at least not have to learn off reams and reams of stuff on codarsnacht, atmaisfear, uaim of poems and all that crap..

I'm happy with my choices though. Chemistry, Biology and Economics :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Irish - For obvious reasons...
    French - Such an annoying subject. Classes are so demanding and studying it is so time consuming but i've no choice. I have to do a third language.

And I don't see how anyone could hate Chemistry. I love it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Chemistry was grand for me until we did Organic (just after finishing it and test tomorrow which I will fail..)
    Organic Chemistry is the evil of all evil. Does that make sense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fleeflyfloflum

History..the one class during the week I hate going to..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭amortentia

Definitely Geography and Business. There's just too much learning off of long answers, and they're both ridiculously boring, although I do like the physical Geography section. I wish I did Biology and Chemistry instead. I don't understand how people can hate Physics, it's my favourite subject! I suppose a good teacher does help with enthusiasm though. Also I despise French, and think learning a foreign language is pointless for anything I want to do later in life. Luckily I don't do Irish :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY.

Chemistry_by_Oroborus.png.jpg

so, I'm guessing Maths?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

The odd time, I wonder should I have kept on French, but then looking at the Oral, I'm so glad I did German!

Totally agree. My cousin does French while I'm a German student (as in I learn German, not I AM German). Our oral looks so much more structured than the French one, and with the role plays (kinky!!) and picture stories it's gonna be a breeze. Hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

history. it's horrible. our teacher is great and i've been getting A's in my last few essays but i won't be able to produce that standard in an exam situation. there's just so much to learn off. the project does my head in too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Home Ec. Why? Why? Why?

And French. I can actually drop it, I don't need it and it's OL so I'm not counting it. I'm an idiot for keeping it up this long :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Irish - For obvious reasons...
    French - Such an annoying subject. Classes are so demanding and studying it is so time consuming but i've no choice. I have to do a third language.

Let's see if you like it in Medicine :p
    Aoifums wrote: »
    Home Ec. Why? Why? Why?

And French. I can actually drop it, I don't need it and it's OL so I'm not counting it. I'm an idiot for keeping it up this long :(
    I dropped French, similar situation. Gave me an extra 3 hours a week for History, which is awesome btw.

Advertisement