Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subjects you regret doing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

My CG teacher badgered me into keeping it. I could actually do with the extra 3 hours :o
    Stupid French!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

French, I should have just done it to pass ordinary level and done it at home, and done geography instead, but no, had to be smart and go for higher level and try get points out of it . . .:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭higgz

In hindsight I wouldn't have done Physics if I could go back to 5th year and change. I kept myself open to Engineering but now I'm looking at economics and It would have been better to have done business studies instead. Physics can be very difficult and I hear business is easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

higgz wrote: »
    In hindsight I wouldn't have done Physics if I could go back to 5th year and change. I kept myself open to Engineering but now I'm looking at economics and It would have been better to have done business studies instead. Physics can be very difficult and I hear business is easier.

I hear business is mind-numbingly boring and requires endless studying. But then I'm saying this as pretty big physics fan, but my teacher is really good so maybe thats why I think that.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭The Shtig

Unfortunately my school is so small there is only eight subjects in total, with me doing two ordinary (irish and maths - don't do higher level) I've no choice on the six I'm doing which are french, english, business, geography, biology and construction.

If I could drop one it would be business, our teacher isn't very good and I find it boring, would love to do physics since I'm hoping to get into engineering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

The Shtig wrote: »
    Unfortunately my school is so small there is only eight subjects in total, with me doing two ordinary (irish and maths - don't do higher level) I've no choice on the six I'm doing which are french, english, business, geography, biology and construction.

If I could drop one it would be business, our teacher isn't very good and I find it boring, would love to do physics since I'm hoping to get into engineering

I'm currently doing engineering in TCD. If you could do Physics outside of school, it'd be quite helpful for engineering, but by no means necessary.

I'm currently doing engineering in TCD. If you could do Physics outside of school, it'd be quite helpful for engineering, but by no means necessary.

Thanks, might start looking into it in my free time, I'm hoping to do energy in UL and there's quite a bit of physics on the course, is it very tough? I've a big interest in science subjects and do okay in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

The Shtig wrote: »
    Thanks, might start looking into it in my free time, I'm hoping to do energy in UL and there's quite a bit of physics on the course, is it very tough? I've a big interest in science subjects and do okay in them.

I'm only in first year but it's very long hours (I'm in from 9 to 5 or 6 every day bar fridays) and the workload is pretty heavy. But I absolutely LOVE my course so I can hardly complain! If you're interested in engineery things, it's not all that tough. Having said that, the Physics is very hard and most of us who did it for the LC don't quite understand everything. Those who didn't do it find it next to impossible. Physics was my favourite subject in the LC btw.

We're also doing Chemistry next semester, which I didn't do for the LC and I can expect to struggle a lot in it!

You don't really need to do those subjects for the LC, just read up on it a bit. You'll be grand :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

theowen wrote: »
    Let's see if you like it in Medicine :p
    I had a look at some Biochem and some anatomy books. The amount of detail (And length of names!) in anatomy is sheer insanity. Biochem looks brilliant though.

I'll love it (That's what I have to keep telling myself anyway :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish Irish

Got a "b" in the JC, but I just can't be bothered doing now so I decided to do pass. We've a double on a Wednesday, we do oral work... every Wednesday I wake up hoping someone will shoot me (Or let me stay at home :D).

Anyway, Trinity open day next week, and its the 8th of December after that :) That's at least two of those days missed.

• Advertisement

I'm only in first year but it's very long hours (I'm in from 9 to 5 or 6 every day bar fridays) and the workload is pretty heavy. But I absolutely LOVE my course so I can hardly complain! If you're interested in engineery things, it's not all that tough. Having said that, the Physics is very hard and most of us who did it for the LC don't quite understand everything. Those who didn't do it find it next to impossible. Physics was my favourite subject in the LC btw.

We're also doing Chemistry next semester, which I didn't do for the LC and I can expect to struggle a lot in it!

You don't really need to do those subjects for the LC, just read up on it a bit. You'll be grand :)

Thanks for the help!

mtb_kng wrote: »
    Got a "b" in the JC, but I just can't be bothered doing now so I decided to do pass. We've a double on a Wednesday, we do oral work... every Wednesday I wake up hoping someone will shoot me (Or let me stay at home :D).

Anyway, Trinity open day next week, and its the 8th of December after that :) That's at least two of those days missed.

Haha you remind me of myself! We've double french on Tuesdays and we get piles and piles of homework, usually two or three essays and three letters, no school this Tuesday, happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

German. UGHHH. Stress of the pictures and roleplays like.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭fairyribbon

+1 on business ...good god could there be anything more boring than sitting in a 80 minute class learning the sequence in the development of a new product ,like seriously who cares? makes me want to tear my hair out maybe its just the book i have that makes it so difficult to learn from ?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Economics, interesting once a month but the majority of it bores the bollox off me! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Areq

B U S I N E S S +

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Steve!

BUSINESS. It was great at Junior Cert. Loved it. But the Leaving Cert course is a disgrace! So poorly laid out.

Irish is also ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

+1 on business ...good god could there be anything more boring than sitting in a 80 minute class learning the sequence in the development of a new product ,like seriously who cares? makes me want to tear my hair out maybe its just the book i have that makes it so difficult to learn from ?:rolleyes:

I dunno... maybe... A 120 MINUTE CLASS? :(
    PITY ME!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭musicloverx

^2 hours..i'd be well asleep after 2 hours business

I regret doing business sometimes, I don't mind the subject itself..prefer it to a lot others but the exam is a joke, timing and marking schemes are all over the place..so I think even if you do learn so much off its difficult to get it all down on paper within in the time, which is where I'd fall

Art because its so difficult to get an A in, so i'm limiting my chances of high points with that one:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

What's with all the hate for business??????
    I honestly think it's one of my best subjects,becausse it's so easy to learn,just get you're layout sorted and it's kinda hard to get less than a B.
    ABQ & EU questions are great,there such a nice change from the monotonous nature of the leaving cert.

French on the other hand is such a waste of time ,I hate France,have no intention of ever going there or using it in college ,but yet it's a C3 requirement for my course.

• Advertisement

^2 hours..i'd be well asleep after 2 hours business

I regret doing business sometimes, I don't mind the subject itself..prefer it to a lot others but the exam is a joke, timing and marking schemes are all over the place..so I think even if you do learn so much off its difficult to get it all down on paper within in the time, which is where I'd fall

Art because its so difficult to get an A in, so i'm limiting my chances of high points with that one:rolleyes:
    Yep, triple business! FML
    DaveMur1 wrote: »
    I honestly think it's one of my best subjects,becausse it's so easy to learn,just get you're layout sorted and it's kinda hard to get less than a B.
    ABQ & EU questions are great,there such a nice change from the monotonous nature of the leaving cert.

French on the other hand is such a waste of time ,I hate France,have no intention of ever going there or using it in college ,but yet it's a C3 requirement for my course.
    Still bitter about Thiery (sp.) Henry? :rolleyes:
    French is probbers my favourite subject. Hoping for an A1 in LC, but I think that's a bit overambitious.

Business... eugh. I think it's the hardest subject to learn tbh, I find it so tedious that even if I spend a full hour learning 2 pages, it's all gone straight out of the head by the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭musicloverx

QUOTE]

I don't hate business, its actually one of my favorite subjects out of many..I just think my downfall will be the timing in the exam, I know you can work on writing speed and that but i just dont think it will be possible for me to get the garde I want because of timing, i find the abqs quite hard to do in half an hour..suppose il just have to keep working on them

But yea its not to bad to learn off I suppose, there is lots but its easier than irish:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Elite Baz

Has to be chemistry, find myself fighting to stay awake =P Why do we have to learn about people who were wrong? =/

Elite Baz wrote: »
    Has to be chemistry, find myself fighting to stay awake =P Why do we have to learn about people who were wrog? =/

It's so interesting though! :D Although I agree, that's just stupid.. :/ We probably learn more wrong theories than right ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Areq

Its not Hard . Its easy but is soooooooooooooooooooooooo BORING .Honestly math is more interesting . That is why Business is B;;Lsh;t Subject in my opinion . :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

+10,000 on Business.

Not very hard to be honest. Been getting A's all year but very very dull..
    Especially the Legislative Methods of resolving Conflict :/

+10,000 on Business.

Not very hard to be honest. Been getting A's all year but very very dull..
    Especially the Legislative Methods of resolving Conflict :/

I'm never going to join a trade union in the future because I hate them so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Marthaa

Finally, someone with positivity about Business. Alot of it I find really easy to take in- it makes alot more sense than some other subjects!

And the French aswell-hate it too! We are made do it in my school and I cannot stand it and have no intention of ever using it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Me neither Coeurdepirate!. Our teacher (who is really good) kept going on about Closed Shops and Primary & Secondary Picketing and the class was like ok "we get it we're not stupid." Our teacher apoligises if we have to write down a page of notes in one week :L it's quite funny.. :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Marthaa wrote: »
    Finally, someone with positivity about Business. Alot of it I find really easy to take in- it makes alot more sense than some other subjects!

And the French aswell-hate it too! We are made do it in my school and I cannot stand it and have no intention of ever using it!

At least someone here isn't out to knock business,faith restored in this thread ;).

Advertisement