Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strange connection problem

Options
  • 08-02-2010 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Hey all, wondering if i can get some adivce on this issue, strange one.

I have two laptops connected to wireless network at home, one work, one personal. For the last few months, all has been fine , except i had to reset factory defaults on the wireless modem as signal was dropping, but this fixed it.

Anyway, on my personal computer recently, i am getting intermittent connectivity - the wireless icon is in connected / excellent state, but explorer just hangs and i cant get page to load.

At the same time, if i try the work laptop, all ok, no problem so it seems to point to an issue with the laptop, but i cant see what and am not sure how to diagnose it. The wireless icon shows connected and all seems fine but the web pages wont load. Sometimes if i close all the explorer windows down and re-open, it will connect again but could stop loading pages after 10-20 mins.

It seems to be an issue on the personal laptop but i cant see what, or could it still be related to the wireless somehow. I've reset wireless to default and re-installed, tried it without security etc etc.

Note the personal laptop is alot newer than work one.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

When it hangs, can you still ping sites ?
    Have you tried another browser ?

Advertisement