Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Main road in GORT

Options
  • 08-02-2010 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

jeeeezzzz... whats the story with the main road in gort.. ya would want a tank to drive through it... its disgracefull...i cant imagine what the business community make of it... it reflects very badly on the town. I drive through it everyday ..and i am reluctant to stop because of the state of the place....

have they any local TD or council person to sort it... I literally cant wait til its bypassed.

Serouisly .... sort it out.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hear hear. It's the worst part of driving from Galway to Shannon.
    Poor Gortians for having to put up with that "road".

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It's terrible!

Especially when you are coming from Limerick have a 75% full bladder on a bus and you have to hold until you get to Galway. Nasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cremeegg

Magnus wrote: »
    Hear hear. It's the worst part of driving from Galway to Shannon.
    Poor Gortians for having to put up with that "road".

gortians...

hmmmm...gortonians?! ... am... if i was from gort though... i would be freaking out.. with local reps..

they need to do something with the town.. maybe the bypass will be good to it...revitalise it... like loughrea...

was it ever decided on how many entrances from the motarway... 1 or 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

And The Stroke lives just up the road !!! Where is he when needed most:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭airhorn

And The Stroke lives just up the road !!! Where is he when needed most:D

.........out fenceing!

• Advertisement

poor stroke..

victimised....the poor devil...

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

cremeegg wrote: »
    gortians...

hmmmm...gortonians?! ... am... if i was from gort though... i would be freaking out.. with local reps..

they need to do something with the town.. maybe the bypass will be good to it...revitalise it... like loughrea...

was it ever decided on how many entrances from the motarway... 1 or 2?

One entrance from the bypass I understand. There was a strong campaign for two but this failed. But yes the street through the town is an absolute disgrace but it has been like that for the past couple of years or more. But then it deteriorated further after the floods and frost. And yet, there doesn't seem to be much by way of complaints from the local business community. Strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Apparently, they aren't going to fix the roads before the new water pipes are put in. As you may or may not know, Gort's water is not properly filtered and is yellow; yet another of Gort's problems. The new water pipes are due to be laid in mid 2010, with work on fixing the roads due to start in late 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

The Main Road on the entrances of the Town, They should put up a sign.

"Welcome To Gort
    Automatic Speed limitation Adjustments in force, Override at your own risk"

or

"Welcome to Gort
    Vehicle Suspensions Testing in progress, Proceed at your own Risk"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭serfboard

whirlpool wrote: »
    Apparently, they aren't going to fix the roads before the new water pipes are put in. As you may or may not know, Gort's water is not properly filtered and is yellow; yet another of Gort's problems. The new water pipes are due to be laid in mid 2010, with work on fixing the roads due to start in late 2010.

There are some estimates that the bypass could open by July this year. The water pipes should be installed after that, and then the roads can be re-surfaced. There's no point in doing a major job of re-surfacing the roads while HGVs still run on it. In any case, I don't think it will happen until the bypass is built.

But it should certainly happen ASAP after it. The roads in Gort are a disgrace, alright.

• Advertisement

as a daily communter between galway and limerick... GORT is back on my hate list. good bit of tailbacks for next few months...

Advertisement