Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help identifying a tune/band

Options
  • 08-02-2010 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'm not much of a trad fan (haven't played trad in a good few years) but recently in my music exam for the mocks we were played a tune that was like a fusion of irish trad with electronic/dance music.
    I don't like this sort of music but I'm just curious and want to track down the tune or band to hear it again.
    It started with a drum beat and an electric bass. Then there was an electronic bass drum (The typical "DUN DUN DUN DUN" dance music kind) and a melody that sounded like synths and uillean pipes. There was also a woman singing in irish.
    Any ideas what this could be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Any ideas what this could be?

Roughly a million different songs going on that terribly vague description. Any idea of the words? 'An Puc ar Buile' would be a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭colin29

Maybe Afro Celt Sound System?

Advertisement