Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iarnród Éireann - Bus and Luas ticket

• 08-02-2010 10:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    I notice now that Iarnród Éireann are selling a combined Train, Bus and Luas ticket... to Dublin City Centre

Does anone know what is considered to be Dublin CC?

Is the ticket time limited eg. 30 mins after the train arrives in Heuston?
    Or is there some delimiter that decides where is and where is not the City Centre?

I wish to travel from Heuston to the Point Depot. As far as I am concerned this should all be covered by the "city centre" luas fare...

The Point Depot is in Dublin 1

What do others think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

geecee wrote: »
    Hi All
    I notice now that Iarnród Éireann are selling a combined Train, Bus and Luas ticket... to Dublin City Centre

Does anone know what is considered to be Dublin CC?Between Connolly and Heuston

Is the ticket time limited eg. 30 mins after the train arrives in Heuston? No just dated
    Or is there some delimiter that decides where is and where is not the City Centre?

I wish to travel from Heuston to the Point Depot. As far as I am concerned this should all be covered by the "city centre" luas fare... Its not. The Point Depot extention isn't covered by the city centre add-on

The Point Depot is in Dublin 1

What do others think?

Hope that helps somewhat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭geecee

fh041205 wrote: »
    The Point Depot extention isn't covered by the city centre add-on.

Hi fh041205
    So does that mean that I can take the Luas from Heuston to Connolly?

Where do they define that CC is between Heuston and Connolly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Because its between the two main rail stations. Thats the main idea. Although you can buy 3 day/7 day/monthly combination tickets which would cover the luas to the point depot I THINK. I'm not 100% on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Hi fh041205
    So does that mean that I can take the Luas from Heuston to Connolly?

The ticket is valid on the LUAS to any stop as far as Connolly or Georges Dock and no further.

The LUAS is a zonal fare structure and as such the line between Georges Dock and the Point is in a different fare zone and the LUAS add-on is not valid beyond Georges Dock.

Whether you think that it should be in the city centre or not I am afraid is not what counts!! To get to The Point requires you to buy a separate ticket from Georges Dock.

The ticket is not time limited.

Advertisement