Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie Problem

• 08-02-2010 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

Lads I have a spiderbox for the last three months with a motorized dish.

Basically I gave the motor a good work out last Friday moving between different sats. Then the next day a problem occured alot of channels 28.2 on certain transponers started to get no signal. So I scanned someof the channels in again on 28.5 and they were fine last night now the same thing has happened to these.

Also I was moving through channels on 19.2 and 16 when first viewing the channels on 19.2 they were fine then I moved to 16 for a while went back to 19.2 and no signal on the same channels moved to 16 again then back to 19.2 and the channels were fine again.

This really doing my head in at this point and I suspect that its probably something to do with the dish but I dont have the first clue about what to do can anyone help pleassseee!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Its probably marginally out of alignment somwhere that only appears when you move across the arc of the belt. Had a very similar problem myself before and it was because the motor wasn't fixed square to the holding U bracket - it was on the bend of the U if you know what I mean. Once I fixed this it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭wingnut32

slegs wrote: »
    Its probably marginally out of alignment somwhere that only appears when you move across the arc of the belt. Had a very similar problem myself before and it was because the motor wasn't fixed square to the holding U bracket - it was on the bend of the U if you know what I mean. Once I fixed this it was fine.

Mine is fixed square but this has only started to happen and I dont kno9w how to get it aligned...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

It really does sound like your alinement is falling. If you were getting some not all of 28 east and bits of stronger sats and now failing to do so, I think your bracket is falling forward. The weight of the dish and motor is too much for normal brackets, T&K's should only be used.
    It is beyond doubt that your alinement is off. In the short term you should Fix it on one sat unless you have the skill/knowledge to reinstall it yourself.

In saying that.... Is there a chance you played with the settings? If you think you did, drive the dish to 0 (and you should pickup 5/8west if not don't panic). Verify dish is at 0 Then ask your dish to drive to 1west (canal+ action is good). If the dish moves from 0 and no canal+ action, dish is offline.

Let me know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭wingnut32

no canal action or anything else lol!

Advertisement