Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

synching live 8 to traktor scratch pro

• 08-02-2010 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

HI All,

yesterday i tried to start incorporating live 8 into my dj sets, im new to this side of things.
    ableton doesnt seem to be able to keep its loops in synch with my track playing on tracktor
    is there anyway of fixing this problem?

just for a background

i use tracktor scratch pro with my 2 by pioneer cdj 1000s, and pioneer djm 800 mixer, trackor is connected via the audio 8 soundcard the comes with it.
    i had abelton coming out of the laptop using the m audio fast track pro sound card and hooked into the mixer

ive tried different settings in each of the programs midi menus but nothing seems to be working

does anyone have a link or know of the correct way to hook this up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Quiggers

there's no standard way to do this, its basically trat live like a third deck and nudge and sync it manually, very difficult and confusing an i wouldn't be able for it.
    My suggestion would be to prepare loops and use tracktors deck 3 and four to launch and loop them.

Other than that, wait till serrato release the live bridge thingy and learn a brand new peice of dj software that has a system akin to rewire syncing up the live clips and your regular tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Just posted that link earlier in another thread but yeah - here it is :

http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/05/16/smart-mixing-traktor-into-ableton-4-mac/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

There's another way to do this if you're interested. First, download a small application called SoundFlower, a quick google should find it. Soundflower basically re-routes audio around your laptop, it's great for loads of things.

In Traktor, you select Soundflower as the output (not your Soundcard). Then, in Live, select Soundflower as the input on an audio track, and your normal soundcard (audio 8) as the output. That way, anything you do in Traktor comes straight through Live, and then you can use Live's clock to sync everything up.

This method is more for using Traktor for production though I think, Moldover's way might be better for live.

Advertisement