Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA in Sligo?

Options
  • 08-02-2010 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey im just wondering would anyone know of any mma clubs that are in sligo preferably bjj or kickboxing. Any contact info at all will help thanks for reading:).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

CTRushe wrote: »
    Hey im just wondering would anyone know of any mma clubs that are in sligo preferably bjj or kickboxing. Any contact info at all will help thanks for reading:).

Well you know BJJ and (or) kickboxing alone aren't MMA?.

They're just components of MMA, if its purely MMA you want I can move your thread over to the MMA forum for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

There is a bjj club down in rockwood parade i think and a kickboxing club under st josephs church. you will be able to get the info here: http://www.kickboxingireland.ie/clubs.html

there was a sambo/judo club which unfortunatley closed down :(

aside from that you have trad karate, point karate/semi contact, boxing, aikido, capoeira, tai chi, tang soo do. They would all be in the town as well apart from the boxing club but that is well worth travelling to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 CTRushe

sorry wasnt sure where to post my bad but im more interested in learning bjj before starting actual mma thanks for the info much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭illeagles_mcc

hows it goin
    im a member of sligo higashi. we train karate and bjj in the CRIB youth centre on rockwood parade.
    bjj is mondays 8-10pm
    karate is wednedays 8-10pm
    also on saturdays we have bjj sparring/grappling 1-2pm for anyone who's been at it awhile.
    a lot of the lads are big into the mma thing too and anyone who wants can focus on that side of things too.
    ive been trainin with the club for about 5 months now and got my first mma comp comin up in march. should be a laugh!

hope this helps
    neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 CTRushe

cheers man thanks for the info will prob be starting soon then. thanks so much man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fergal_d

Any reviews on the club mentioned above. I might be moving to Sligo also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jizzy1

i dont know if there's any reviews

There's blue belt instructors, there is a sound bunch of lads there, changing rooms with electric showers

Class usally consists of warm-up/circut__drills and technique__ sparring

Come down and check it out if your in sligo, the first one is free:)

Mon 8.00-10.00 BJJ class
    Wed 8.00-10.00 Traditional Karate
    Sat 1.00-2.00ish BJJ sparring

hope that helps,

Morgan(086-3903692)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭MichaelDevlin

Trained with them when i was living in sligo sound bunch of lads

Advertisement