Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

social work masters

Options
  • 08-02-2010 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I have an interview for the social work masters next wed! has anyone any tips? what they ask? what they're looking for??
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Can't be of much help but all I know is that you really have to "sell" what you've learned over the past three years to them. It's not an interview process that takes any passengers, so really bone up on Irish social policy that would be relevant to the field of Social Work that you would like to work in. I'm sure you know this, but they also insist that you have two years minimum of voluntary experience. So for example, if you've worked with the mentally or physically disabled, talk about the Disability Act and apply it to what you see in your every day experiences of working with the disabled.

I'm afraid I wouldn't know what exact questions they would ask, I would have gone for it myself last year but I didn't have the voluntary experience. Good luck anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 miriam88

:)Yeah I took a year out to get experience! I'll look mup some policies to talk about! Thanks for your help!

Advertisement