Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calvin Harris to play the Forum

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ok i'll stick my neck out, Who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

your man that jumped on stage with jedward during x factor.

I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Woodgate

seanybiker wrote: »
    your man that jumped on stage with jedward during x factor.

I think.
    Yeah, he's got a pineapple on his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

€30 for what will pretty much be a DJ set with Harris singing along. He's playing a double with Carl Craig next week in Barcelona and it only costs €12 to get in

Wouldn't interest me at all tbh, BUT I will give the fourm credit were its due for bringing in some ”famous” acts.

€30 does seem a bit on the steep side.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

Fair play to the Forum they're bringing well known acts to Waterford there's e big audience out there for Calvin Harris , on a slightly different matter a bloke tried to persuade me the other day that Westlife were playing Waterford and Cork this summer as well as Dublin said he heard it on national radio wonder did anyone else hear that ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I'd love to go to this, but its over 18's:(On the Ticketmaster latest news piece it says that he's playing in Waterford and Cork, but when you click the link there's only details about the Waterford date. Has anyone heard any more about the Cork gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

How is the forum getting all of these acts all of a sudden ? I would love 2 go to the gig , saw him at oxegen the place was rocking , but 30e is quite expensive in these times !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Anbody can book thoese acts, they normally come threw an agency in the UK, once you have the Venue and have the pennys ,you can book who you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

its good to see dave clark is coming back to the fourm again the following week,17.50 is a good price for a world class dj :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Just checked that website from the OP

Laughter Lounge 26th Feb - SOLD OUT

What a load of bull...there is no way in the world that that's sold out...look at the names...nobodies...But why are they lying about being sold out?!

Ah wait....I get it now...

The gig is not even happening on the friday...it's happening on the saturday...and they want to make it look better (Even though it's absolutely terrible and at €20 a ticket they're ripping people off. Flash used to have these exact acts....some of which are TERRIBLE - Simon O Keeffe...fastest rising star? He's about as funny as cancer.)...by saying that the friday gig is sold out. CHEEKY!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,638 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Would love to see bands like Thirty Seconds To Mars, Lacuna Coil, Avenged Sevenfold, Trivium, Funeral for a friend and Dragonforce to play the forum.(if anybody hear heard of any of them).

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

30 euro for a DJ set is rip off....

who do they think they are fooling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Would love to see bands like Thirty Seconds To Mars, Lacuna Coil, Avenged Sevenfold, Trivium, Funeral for a friend and Dragonforce to play the forum.(if anybody hear heard of any of them).

Some hope of that. I did see raging speedhorn there a few years ago though, tiny crowd at it.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Thirty Seconds To Mars? Well, I just turned 50 and had my Dublin tix for them months ago. Loving This Is War, great album. Can't see A7X playing anywhere soon sadly. My guilty pleasure in that vein would be My Chemical Romance, what ya reckon, would they play the forum :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

old gregg wrote: »
    My guilty pleasure in that vein would be My Chemical Romance, what ya reckon, would they play the forum :p

Ha! Yeah, and the crowd would no doubt be full of little emo teenagers. :p (I would go to a 30 seconds from Mars gig though.)

Have to say, it's impressive that Waterford are getting these gigs. I'm not a fan of Calvin Harris at all but he's in the charts and is selling well. Has been for the past couple of years. He's well recognised.

So are One Republic. I know someone called them a one hit wonder but I wouldn't consider them that at all. Their last album was very good.

It's definitely not going to hurt Waterford that you're getting such well known acts to be play there. It will get peoples attention.

What's the forum like as a venue? Is it big?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I think regardless of whether you are fans of the performer/bands or not the Forum has to be applauded for pulling in a few big names.

Asmodean wrote: »
    I think regardless of whether you are fans of the performer/bands or not the Forum has to be applauded for pulling in a few big names.

Definitely.

takola wrote: »
    Ha! Yeah, and the crowd would no doubt be full of little emo teenagers. :p (I would go to a 30 seconds from Mars gig though.)
    o dear, that's the dilemma I'd face as an old guy ... but at least I'd have no problem looking over the heads of all the emo kids ... hell, I could become the dreaded 'tall bastard up front blocking the view for everyone else, maybe' :p

Pricing aside, which is all subjective anyway I suppose, it's great to see music in Waterford so hats off to anyone who makes it happen.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Just checked that website from the OP

Laughter Lounge 26th Feb - SOLD OUT

What a load of bull...there is no way in the world that that's sold out...look at the names...nobodies...But why are they lying about being sold out?!

Ah wait....I get it now...

The gig is not even happening on the friday...it's happening on the saturday...and they want to make it look better (Even though it's absolutely terrible and at €20 a ticket they're ripping people off. Flash used to have these exact acts....some of which are TERRIBLE - Simon O Keeffe...fastest rising star? He's about as funny as cancer.)...by saying that the friday gig is sold out. CHEEKY!!
    You got the wrong my friend! Friday 26th is sold out because it is a fund raising gig from some school. I know that for a fact because I know some of the people behind it. :)

• Advertisement

Well I'm glad I got that wrong so. Are all the same comedians performing on friday and Saturday?

takola wrote: »

I actually went to see them a couple of years ago in the RDS, and TBH I thought as a show they were excelent. I knew a few of their songs and I enjoyed myself but the crowd would piss you off no end. D4 Emos the lot of them,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

can you say OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I just saw on TM that Chipmunk are coming to the Forum aswell:eek:, like WTF is goin on, did like the council see the waterford town thread or somethin?.............. Bring on Metallica:D

Hold on a second here...people need to get a grip. Chipmunk has had two songs in the charts...how he's going to entertain people for a night is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Hold on a second here...people need to get a grip. Chipmunk has had two songs in the charts...how he's going to entertain people for a night is beyond me.

He's also had big hits with both of those songs though!

If you don't want them in Waterford, feel free to send them over to Limerick. We won't complain. (Well, I won't. The rest of Limerick probably would. :rolleyes:)

Haven't a clue who he is but surely he must have an album out or something to perform from aswell no?

Don't get me wrong...fair play to the forum..chipmunk is big in the uk at the moment...but I think it's an insult to Waterford to be so excited (OMG!!!) about someone who's had 2 songs.

I think it's an insult to Waterford to be so excited (OMG!!!) about someone who's had 2 songs.
    I think that statement is a bit of an insult to Waterford people TBH. Look this fella isn't Mozart alright but I'm pretty sure his target audience are people who are big into chart music so therefore they will rise and fall with the current musical trends. The fact that he has had 2 hit songs recently is all the more reason to get him over here now while he's still very popular. People on here are always moaning that our City isn't recognised or none of the big acts play here blah blah blah but in all honesty people will have to stop this begrudging attitude if these acts are ever to become a regular occurrence here and finally get our name on the map for large music events.

As people will surely point out some of the acts may be flash in the pans etc but we have to start somewhere! Just because the particular gigs are not to some peoples tastes doesn't mean that they should be ridiculed and mocked. Give it time and if all big-name acts are encouraged I'm pretty sure that everyone will eventually get to see a musician/band that they like.

well said. I personally have always thought the RSC is going to waste out there. Could be a nice little outdoor venue, in regards chipmunk and CH although both of them wouldn't interest me i will applaud the forum for it. Decent rock band next though :)

• Advertisement

As I've already said on this forum, fair play to the forum for bringing over the acts...but how you came to the conclusion that i was insulting the waterford people is simply laughable. I just think we shouldn't be getting our knickers in a twist over someone like Chipmunk as if "Oh my God...how did Waterford actually get THE Chipmunk. That's what's insulting to Waterford people. IMO.

As for the RSC...not a case of could be a nice venue. It will be a nice venue. :)

Advertisement