Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calvin Harris to play the Forum

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

Sheebs wrote: »
    Yeah I'd say alot of the people there didn't realise what they were getting themselves in for :p

He played a stomper really enjoyed it, apart from all the scumbags and the fact that I could barely move at all!

And as for the tickets, what a joke! I ordered them online so had to print them off, presumed the barcode would be scanned on the way in like all tickets nowadays. But all the girl did was look at my printed page and throw it in the bin!! I could have printed about 40 of my ticket, handed them out and everyone would've got in... Surely they should have a better system?

I think this is the way they are handling the printed straight from the net tickets.

When I went to see Imelda May it was the same deal. I was like ffs. That means anyone who knows this can just print of X amount of tickets and get it with out paying.

Even if they dont have a sanner yoke, they should at least be checking something off a list of numbers matched to each ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

xFROSTY Gx wrote: »
    I'd say half the people there last night didn't know it was going to only be a set. It was quite an impressive set IMO though:D
    I thought it was absolutely diabolical.I wouldnt even call it a set.It was a premade mix on his laptop and he played with an effects switch a bit.
    Some of societys finest there aswell.
    Im just thankful I didnt have to pay :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

I think a lot of heads were expecting a big oxygen performance:) wasnt a hope in hell of that happening:)

I think a lot of heads were expecting a big oxygen performance:) wasnt a hope in hell of that happening:)
    Nah I knew it was just gonna be a dj set.I just woulda liked some actual djing:confused:

I dont know if you know much about djn, but a lot of djs use sofware such as ableton or traktor, with taktor it will match and sync your bmps for you on each track, so it allows the dj to play around more with effects. Prob what he was using last night by the sounds of it

• Advertisement

I know.Id personally see that as cheating in a way though.
    Although maybe im just spoiled from Decks,EFX & 909 :D.Now thar be djn!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

Heard he only played for about an hour and half though and Darren Rice finished the night off,
    Total rip off for €30 if you ask me, happy i didn't pay now

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

I dont know if you know much about djn, but a lot of djs use sofware such as ableton or traktor, with taktor it will match and sync your bmps for you on each track, so it allows the dj to play around more with effects. Prob what he was using last night by the sounds of it

ha ha... not as easy as that mate...
    most DJs as you say use software now, but still do stuff live on the fly so to speak so still need to monitor tracks, just coz Traktor might have sync dont mean you can throw the tracks in anywhere....

apparently what he was doing last night was pre made set... so like using a mix CD! ha ha

Ah i know you cant throw any track in, maybe all would be forgiving if he was using sl3:) sounds like a strange night if he didnt even finish the night, whos Darren rice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Ah i know you cant throw any track in, maybe all would be forgiving if he was using sl3:) sounds like a strange night if he didnt even finish the night, whos Darren rice?
    I knew in advance that it was only going to be an hour and a half set and that most DJs sets aren't fully live. Live mixing is apparently something that is rare and the likes of Daft Punk have their shows pre-programmed to the very last beat and Justice have been caught out before with a fake live show:

1227075844_justicewifimidi.jpg
    justicefake2.jpg

The atmosphere was great anyway and it was a fantastic set so I enjoyed the night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Although maybe im just spoiled from Decks,EFX & 909 :D.Now thar be djn!
    Mr Chin knows what he's talking about. Shame richie has gone so minimal and glitchy since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

Darren Rice is a dj for Beat fm,
    Think he mainly plays trance or techno and plays at gigs like Planet Love

Ah right was wondering, dont get Beat up here

Ah right was wondering, dont get Beat up here
    Youre better off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Sheebs

burkey85 wrote: »
    Heard he only played for about an hour and half though and Darren Rice finished the night off,
    Total rip off for €30 if you ask me, happy i didn't pay now

Yeah was kinda surprised when I turned away and looked again and he was gone off stage and even more surprised to look at my watch and see it was just after half one! I was planning on some Calvin arse grabbing :p Probably precisely the reason he snaked off the stage!

Does anyone know what time he started at? Think I arrived late because of the queue outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

He started at 12 on the dot.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

burkey85 wrote: »
    Darren Rice is a dj for Beat fm,
    Think he mainly plays trance or techno and plays at gigs like Planet Love

House & techno on Saturday nights @ 10pm

Few vids:

Advertisement