Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good games for the Wii

Options
  • 08-02-2010 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Guys, sorry if this has come up before but I am finding it frustratingly difficult to actually find good games on the wii. Most of the games seem to be aimed at 10 years olds and they are frankly they are a bit gay with a couple of exceptions!!:pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Have you played smash brothers or zelda?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Prionsios

I havent actually, thanks for that pal, will check it out!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I enjoyed them,also mario kart is good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Boom Blox
    Excitebots
    The House of the Dead: Overkill
    Klonoa
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Little King's Story
    Madworld
    Mario Kart Wii
    Metroid Prime Trilogy
    New Super Mario Bros. Wii
    No More Heroes
    Okami
    Punch Out!
    Resident Evil 4
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Super Paper Mario
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    Trauma Center: Second Opinion
    WarioWare: Smooth Moves
    Wii Sports Resort
    Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Silent Hill is out here on march 5

Haven't finished it myself yet but from what I have played it was decent enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

ShaneU wrote: »
    Boom Blox
    Excitebots
    The House of the Dead: Overkill
    Klonoa
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Little King's Story
    Madworld
    Mario Kart Wii
    Metroid Prime Trilogy
    New Super Mario Bros. Wii
    No More Heroes
    Okami
    Punch Out!
    Resident Evil 4
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Super Paper Mario
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    Trauma Center: Second Opinion
    WarioWare: Smooth Moves
    Wii Sports Resort
    Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure

+1 for the bolded games (cos they're the only ones I've played on that list!)

Also
    • Resident Evil 1 Archives (Gamecube port of the first one)
    • Resident Evil 0 Archives (As above of the 0'th one ^_^)
    • Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex (surprisingly good! Controls take some getting used to though!)
    • Broken Sword Directors Cut
    • Dead Space Extraction (I'd pick this one up cheap if you're going to get it, quite short!)
    • Resident Evil The Umbrella Chronicles

But yeah I agree with you OP, I do feel quite awkward going in to a gameshop and standing by the Wii titles......Maybe it's the long smelly brown coat. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I still haven't played it, but you can't go wrong with madworld for £6 from most online shops (amazon to name one...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Thanks for the list, recently got Okami for 15 euros (not 2nd hand too :D).
    I'm a bit of a cheapskate so I don't buy new games. 2nd hand and old games for me. Waiting for Wii: Resort to drop in price, 45 in gamespot right now I think...

Personally want to get a good baseball game. Saw one in Dublin, called "little leauge" something something. Not sure if it's any good. It's so darn hard to find baseball games in Ireland >_<.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,303 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Mega Man 9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

The Conduit - It got slated in the press, but I really enjoyed it. The controls are really good, proof I guess that you can have an fps on the wii.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

H2student wrote: »
    I'm a bit of a cheapskate so I don't buy new games. 2nd hand and old games for me. Waiting for Wii: Resort to drop in price, 45 in gamespot right now I think...

I remember that dropping to €30 in Smyths at christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

Wario Ware is a must if you ever break out your console when you've a couple mates around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Wario Ware is a must if you ever break out your console when you've a couple mates around!

Got that at full price on the launch day and finished it in 2 hours, got it out for around 10 minutes when a mate called around, then never played it again... Great value for money:p

Advertisement